rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

name, city, instrument, years of playing, current band, gear
 #28892  by OhioBuckeye
 Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:59 pm
Hey all. Hello there I just started getting into strumming some Dead tunes and wanted to introduce myself.

I'm 37 and only been playing a couple of weeks. I can eek out UJB, FOD, and Wish you were here. But they're bad versions :) I've been a head for about 18 years now.

I just bought my new guitar this week. A Takamine GS330S and I love it. I personally think the cedar top is the way to go. The tone is awesome. I'm glad I picked out the guitar based on tone over everything else. Also i'm glad they don't use the pegs. Is that something new with Takamine because pictures show the string pegs and now they're not used.

Well take it easy. I'll be around for awhile I believe.

OB

#28905  by bobbybobbob
 Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:16 pm
Welcome!

O-H!

#28906  by Guyute24
 Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:18 pm
hey, i'm like 20 minutes from columbus on the east side. i play all sorts of dead, phish, hendrix, floyd, etc. where are you at? email me at mhill1974@aol.com and we'll jam...

#28907  by OhioBuckeye
 Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:38 pm
I-O!!!!!!

Guyute24 I will definitely be in touch.

#28911  by golfnutt
 Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:29 pm
How is the local mucsic sceen in Colombus? I am going out there for business soon and would like to check out some local music while there.

#28999  by Guyute24
 Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:34 am
there's always stuff going on in columbus. the most popular jamband from around here is Ekoostik Hookah. i'm not sure when you're coming out, but check out www.ekoostik.com and it will let ya know if they're gonna be around.