rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

name, city, instrument, years of playing, current band, gear
 #16881  by Grinner
 Thu May 24, 2007 4:22 pm
Hi everyone I'm from Newport News, Va (minutes from the Hampton Coliseum :-) ). I'm not very good at guitar, but I like to play and i LOVE the grateful dead. Someday I'd like to be able to play the guitar with a lick of the emotion that Jerry could, because his shit is pretty unbelievable sometimes. Everyone have a great day!
-Grinner

#16929  by strumminsix
 Fri May 25, 2007 10:53 am
Welcome, practice, stick around, read and I'm sure you'll get better daily!

#16934  by AugustWest
 Fri May 25, 2007 11:40 am
welcome! I am from richmond va and use to be in your area a lot when I was in college. I had a bunch of friends who went to newport. Good to have you on board.

#16951  by squire758
 Fri May 25, 2007 2:37 pm
hey if you wanna improve your guitar skills, RUKIND is a great place to do so. the lesson vids are always very helpful for me, a visual learner. there is alot of great theory talk as well, i was having some trouble with modes and such until i read a few posts that definately cleared the fog. what kind of guitar do you play? do you have any jams of your own? id love to hear! welcome aboard!

#16953  by Billbbill
 Fri May 25, 2007 3:05 pm
So you're a picker and a grinner, but are you a lover and a sinner?

Couldn't resist :lol:

Welcome aboard

#17025  by Grinner
 Sun May 27, 2007 9:48 am
Billbbill wrote:So you're a picker and a grinner, but are you a lover and a sinner?
Who isn't? Hehe :peas:

Squire: I play a martin acoustic, and no, I don't really have any of my own jams other than just fiddlin' around.

Thanks for the welcome!

#17068  by deadguise
 Sun May 27, 2007 10:30 pm
Welcome, this forum is grate for learning and exchanging riffs and techniques.