name, city, instrument, years of playing, current band, gear
 #130411  by 2012deadg

Hi all,
I am new to the forum and I have only been a Guitar God for three weeks.
My Godliness is evidenced by my ability to make the C, G7, DM chordes.
ALL BOW BEFORE ME!!

Obviously I am brand new to guitar but my love of the dead's music is much older and I was hoping you could help me find some dead tunes sheet music for accoustic guitar.

I would assume this has been asked before so if you could point me in the right direction or repost this in the appropriate place I would appreciate it. I am having some trouble finding.

Thanks a lot!
 #130417  by Jimaroe

If you want to save yourself sometime, check out Grateful Guitar Lessons. There's a thread on the forum or just google it. Seth has a number of instructional vids, acoustic and electric. Complete lessons, solos, even music theory. I've really enjoyed the lessons I've purchased. The 9 or 10 bucks are well worth the detail and instruction.
 #130448  by WildEye

+1 on Seth with gratefulguitarlessons.com

Well worth the insane low price, you'll get more out of that than 1 "standard" guitar lesson that averages 60/hr. He's a great teacher and gives you tabs, video instruction, background to play to and interesting facts. And I find it's much easier to learn theory when it's tied to Jerry (I don't know what it is, I get theory but have trouble remembering for a long time but when I learn it within a song it seems to stick.
 #130522  by TI4-1009

Tennessee Jedi wrote:http://deadstein.files.wordpress.com/20 ... os_1-0.pdf

Hello
Cheat sheets ^^^^^^
:-)
YOWZA! Thanks!
 #130574  by FretfulDave

flyingheelhook wrote:Tennessee Jedi, I can't get the link to work?
You need to have the Adobe PDF viewer installed.
2012deadg wrote:... for three weeks.
My Godliness is evidenced by my ability to make the C, G7, DM chordes...
Its all well and good to get into the Grateful Guitar lessons but you should get a lot more of the basics of guitar playing down first before you start spending money on those type lessons... unless you are going to a regular guitar teacher for that stuff.

Showing my age here... you can always buy some books on the basics such as the Mel Bay guitar method, etc.

Good luck!
 #131016  by easytoslip

what's up Guitar God... I like your mix of high and humble.

I see everyone else pointing you outward to lessons, have you gone to the dead tabs right here at all? if you go out to the main page, rukind.com, Grateful Dead Tabs by song. it's perfect for acoustic guitar learning and sounds like it's up your alley with the chords by letter name. there's a chordfinder built in at top, but I like chordfind.com myself. happy pickin and strummin! sure is a good time!