name, city, instrument, years of playing, current band, gear
 #108250  by thoughtsonthedead

Hey guys,

Been reading the site for a while now and would like to thank everyone who's spent so much time tabbing out all the songs. Just bought a guitar after years and years of not having an instrument and have spent many evenings playing along with The Boys, thanks to your help.

Also, I have started a blog about the Dead, which I think is not quite what you're used to seeing. Check it out at http://thoughtsonthedead.wordpress.com/ I'd appreciate any feedback.

Thanks,
TOTD
 #108254  by rugger

Kind of fun. I liked it. Didn't read all of it, but I'll get to it eventually.

Keep it up.

John in San Diego
 #108261  by Rusty the Scoob

I'm reading through it, some pretty good chuckles in there. (no, not you, Chuck, the actual laughing kind) So far this one is my favorite:
“Hi, wardrobe? Welnick here. Show’s in an hour, so bring me the Ugliest Shirt in the Entire World, please. No, not that one, the other one. Ugliester!”
 #108292  by Adam Deckard

This stuff is funny. I know many will probably read this stuff and get butt hurt, but its hilarious.
 #108303  by erock

maybe it's the chronic smart ass in me, but i love the blog
 #108304  by Lunchbox16

Agreed. I had several good chuckles. Love all the digs at random Mickey projects that never got released....
 #108331  by Octal

So Bobby really thinks he's a cowboy? I'd buy that.
 #108357  by Lunchbox16

Does Wordpress have an RSS option? I see the "follow" option for email, but I prefer RSS. Just wondering. Great stuff.
 #108372  by crazyfingerssotm

I really liked your blog. I hope you keep writing. I swear you could write a book, this coming from a guy who swears he could write a book. Literally.

Great sense of humor. I want to read more. Keep it up. You have a fan. I might even stalk you and try to be friends with you.
 #108684  by ImJerryToo

thoughtsonthedead wrote:Posted a lot of new stuff, guys. Hope you're all enjoying it.

Any comments, requests, whatevs?
I found it humorous at first.

But continuous negativity and smart-assed bitching gets old fast. At least it does for me.

If you're having fun with it, that's cool. But if you want to attract an audience, I suggest varying the tone from time to time.
 #108705  by 600lbsofSin

Hey now. I find the dichotomy of ur love/hate relationship with The Grateful Dead pretty amusing. As much as you are disgusted by specific actions and events regarding the band, it seems to come from a place of love. I believe that the poking fun can be harmlessly entertaining, and in many cases you make a lot of valid points.

However, it just seems to be getting old. It reminds me of a gathering of housewives who have come to gossip about the neighbors. I personally stray away from ppl who constantly feel the need to bitch about life. It just annoys me.

That being said, my thoughts on "Thoughts" are: The grateful dead was what it was... by no means perfect , but that's why we love em. If Space makes you want to slap ppl that badly, maybe you should just give up. Groups like LMFAO make me want to slap the ppl who dance to that rubbish, but Space? I think as Deadheads we need to celebrate our influences, not rag on them while in the meantime the pop industry are generates sheer blasphemy among our very society.

Imagine a docile, conservative version of the Dead....

...would that have been better?
 #108706  by Rusty the Scoob

The last few posts got a little dark for my tastes but if you go back a page and work backwards there's some really good stuff.

I'm of the "I love the band, warts and all" mindset personally. If it was all just exactly perfect all the time it would be really boring.