When it doesn't fit anywhere else
 #34023  by Billbbill

2nd period just began for the 'Winter Classic' - the first NHL outdoor game in the US. Orchard Park, NY (Buffalo) upwards of 73k watching Sabres-Penguins, 1-1 as Buffalo just tied it.

Reminicent of the Michigan/Michigan St. match in 2003 and the game in Edmonton a while back.

A bit of a blizzard (lake effect) to start the game but clearing up now.

Gotta love this.

It's on NBC where I am.

#34027  by gr8fulbluz

I am watchin too, cool stuff 8)

#34031  by GratefulFloyd

that was awesome, it was great to see such a large crowd for a hockey game

#34108  by Tennessee Jedi

That was cool.Cindy Crawford with the game winner.
There is a rumor that the Pens will play the Fly guys at Happy Valley sometime.
I think if they are gonna play in a football stadium they should make the rink bigger.
See more offense that way.
Anyone else got an opinion?

#34135  by steve

I heard that was a possibility, but I don't know how good of an idea it is. I mean, Penn State is basically split in half between Philly and Pittsburgh supporters, so I imagine if that game was to go down, there'd be many more fights in the stands than on the ice, which is saying something since it is Pens/Flyers

#34159  by Tennessee Jedi

Yo Steve
My P.A Brother!
Yeah,its half way between the two cities - Awesome.
I would love to see that.100,000+ Stadium.2 great hockey cities 2 great teams....
Yeah I always liked the Pitt teams, cause my Philly teams get knocked out of contention every year!
Good back ups the Steelers Pens.
Love this Pens/Flyers rivalry thing-The games have been great this year ,huh? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

#34176  by jck_strw

That was a fun game on New Years Day. Much better than college football IMHO. It definitely wasn't the best game played (snow, stoppages, etc.), but it was a helluva lot of fun. It was definitely on my must see list. Must have been a great time in person. I wonder if any Buffalo fans on here were there. Spilly? I saw that this game actually got some decent ratings. Nice to see an NHL game beat out some stupid ass wrestling night "contest". :)

I doubt that a Philly/Pitt game would happen though. Pitt just had their outdoor game. I would think that the NHL would want different teams each time (last time was Montreal and Edmonton). But that makes sense and that's one thing that Gary Bettman lacks in a big way. Idiot.