When it doesn't fit anywhere else

Do you have Sirius

Yes
31%
No
69%
 #24116  by panvar

Man, I am so into the new Grateful Dead Radio on Sirius. I don't think I have turned it off yet, except to tune into the Phish hour on JAM_ON.

Cheers
GP
 #24117  by panvar

It's so surreal I may have to drop a day or two...

#24121  by jackr

I have it and it is great.
Last edited by jackr on Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#24157  by boxorain

I listen to the GD channel about half and Jam On the other half. Listened to the trial version back in early August everyday while on vacation in Yellowstone, it was very refreshing!

Still have to hear a little Keller Williams or Dave Matthews once in a while. :o

#24182  by justcoophere

I have to say, I am blown away by some the stuff I have heard on channel 32 this past week. I remember wishing for this about 15-20 years ago. Fuckin killer.

#24183  by gratephulphish123

dont have it but i'd love to... sounds really great [drools] mmmmmmmmmm all dead all day

#24201  by d-v-s

wish they had it over here in Turkey. I'd get it in an instant :(

Last time I was back in the states I had a rental car that I drove from Atlanta to Boston (looked a lot closer on the map...). The only thing that made that 18 hour trip bearable was the fact that the rental had Sirius in it.

#24212  by mutant_dan

I have 3 subscriptions. Both cars, and one for the house. I remember shopping between XM and Sirius back in the day. I am sure glad I went with the DogStar sat radio.

The Grateful Dead Channel is fantastic. I hope they keep it. They have dropped a couple single act channels over the years.

#24220  by phpbb

so, I am thinking of getting sirius. I see that some home recievers have sirius built into them. Does this mean I need to buy a subscription for both my home and my car, or does one cover it all? Or is it like DircectTV where one box is free and there is a smaller charge for each other reciever?

#24227  by mutant_dan

Each unit has it's own SID (Security ID). So you need a subscription for each reciever. The first one is $12.99/mo and each one after that is $6.99 a month.

One option is to install a car unit and pay for the subscription, then use the free internet stream associated with that subscription to port it out to your home stereo via the computer.