When it doesn't fit anywhere else

#24342  by LazyLightnin

when in doubt, deny deny deny deny deny deny deny, it always got me out. ive only been caught "red handed" once in my life ever, and that was in the bathroom at school the same year, but the teacher just made me throw out the joint.

i gotta tell ya i got a GED days after i was ta graduate. i made up 4 years in less than 4 hours . i spent my time at shows and fests instead of class, but thats all here nor there. and i wouldnt reccomend it either.

get a job, work HARD, go to college and be something, thats it.

Out of curiosity how many of you have actually sat down with your guitar while tripping. I used to do it often when I was younger and it was an eye opener to say the least. The entire feel of the guitar was different not to mention the free flow of new ideas and approaches to playing
yes i have, and have listened to hours and hours of shows, and not to mention dark and disturbing pink floyd albums :(

i taped myself once tripping and playing. it sound so freakin awsome when i was playing, but then when i listened to the tape it was rubbish. me and a few friends had a great laugh tho 8)

#24344  by gratephulphish123

is this the most commented topic ever?

#24350  by dre

LazyLightnin wrote:when in doubt, deny deny deny deny deny deny deny, it always got me out. ive only been caught "red handed" once in my life ever, and that was in the bathroom at school the same year, but the teacher just made me throw out the joint.

i gotta tell ya i got a GED days after i was ta graduate. i made up 4 years in less than 4 hours . i spent my time at shows and fests instead of class, but thats all here nor there. and i wouldnt reccomend it either.

get a job, work HARD, go to college and be something, thats it.

Out of curiosity how many of you have actually sat down with your guitar while tripping. I used to do it often when I was younger and it was an eye opener to say the least. The entire feel of the guitar was different not to mention the free flow of new ideas and approaches to playing
yes i have, and have listened to hours and hours of shows, and not to mention dark and disturbing pink floyd albums :(

i taped myself once tripping and playing. it sound so freakin awsome when i was playing, but then when i listened to the tape it was rubbish. me and a few friends had a great laugh tho 8)
I definately don't think it's something that could replace daily practicing or used as some kind of short cut to uberness. I never felt like I gained more technical expertise per se from doing it only creative inspiration and being able to look at the guitar from different perspectives. A great tool for unlocking new and innovative ideas or breaking out of a rut. I found that if I put in a real good practice session while tripping that I gained a wealth of experience that could be applied to my everyday regular playing/practicing.

#24437  by justcoophere

I thinks it cool that most people responding to this topic care about this kid. All of you have shown your empathy and shared your stories. I pray it is enough insight to propel you forward in the direction you want your life to go.
Just remember as a warning:" Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son"-- Dean Wermer, Animal House.
 #24906  by whatrix

gumbo wrote:So, me and my friends are out on our daily lunch break and someone sparks a joint. "ok, cool."
Sorry didn't follow all but the 1st page of the thread but feel i got enough of the gist to comment.

Sounds EXACTLY like me so I feel for ya bro.

Let me quickly state that if doping is THAT much of a priority for you...you are in for it! There is WAYYYYY more to life than getting high.

For the VAST majority of people getting high is a NEGATIVE and you won't know till it's too late. Of course we look to the small percentage who seem to have it all together and feel getting high is a positive and an addition to out lives.

Sadly this doesn't hold true in most cases. There is no way to predict if you'll be the guy unravelling DNA secrets on acid or the drunk in the gutter. Both probably started smoking a joint in HS.

If you haven't guessed I a recovering addict/alcoholic, 17 years clean. And could NOT do it alone, Hey Jerry couldn't. It's the way some of us are built.

Nut shell...Your dreams better be bigger than the next joint down the road or you'll have no dreams (mission in the rain).

I won't preach as I never listened either but if ya need a friend who's been around and been through a lot of stuff...drop a line...I won't lie to you and will listen.

Meanwhile take some time to read up on addictions. AA and NA web sites have tons of great info. You may very well be just a "problem drinker" type who decides it's too much trouble. Or if your like me, drugs and alcohol fill a void NOTHING else came close to......although I wasn't aware at the time...

PAX

Whatrix

see my profile for email address

PS I don't struggle with dope. I'm living a pretty happy fun life and at 47 am still a "hippie" traveling artist off the grid for the most part. I'll welcome hearing from anyone who needs a "clean" friend or has a question.

PAX

#24916  by Rev_Roach

Let me quickly state that if doping is THAT much of a priority for you...you are in for it! There is WAYYYYY more to life than getting high.
Not smoking is not that bad. I am currently in a legal situation that prevents me from smoking pot (not probation luckily, a drug court program that will prevent convinctions). Being that i had been smoking on the regular for some time, i could not imagine life without it. What was it like once I started? Not bad at all actually. Sometimes a little more boring, but at the same time I have more energy to commit towards productive things and other hobbies.

I don't know if your own situation is a crisis enough that you should stop, that's for you to decide. What I'm saying is, don't be so averse to the idea. Nothing wrong with taking a break.

And.... you'll get REALLY high when you start again :D [/code]
 #24995  by gumbo

whatrix wrote:

For the VAST majority of people getting high is a NEGATIVE and you won't know till it's too late. Of course we look to the small percentage who seem to have it all together and feel getting high is a positive and an addition to out lives.
PAX
I really seriously cant agree with that, and for the record, I just got off of an 18 month break, so I do know it is not that hard. What is hard is explaining to your friends why its difficult to hang out with them. If you dont know what I mean then that sounds a bit harsh but that is how I see it. That is why most people that dont smoke herb have a hard time listening to a 2 hour jam, thats also why some people that dont smoke have such a problem with it and feel they have the authority to tell you what to do. Like it or not, there is a difference. I applaud you for what you have done and if thats what makes you happy then keep at it. I have no problem with smoking, its society that does. [/i]
 #24998  by jackr

gumbo wrote:I have no problem with smoking, its society that does.
Boy, this line can be a topic all to its own. I wonder if society really still thinks it is bad to smoke pot. Even though I dont smoke anymore I cant see how alcohol can be legal but pot is not.

There is no stopping it obviously. The government can tax and regulate it and make a fortune and at the same time make is safer for people and use part of the tax money for drug education and rehabilitation.

I am not advocating taking drugs in anyway and certainly if there is a problem for someone (like myself) then clearly it should be avoided. But come on, how can it not be legalized?