When it doesn't fit anywhere else
 #15067  by amyjared

Hey all,
This past Sunday night I went to see Robyn Hitchcock at my local bar, Sam Bond's Garage. It's a tiny place that a couple friends of mine own and they have music 7 nights a week. Anyhow, I've seen Robyn solo acoustic before, but this time he had a band, the Venus 3. I got there early to get a seat and eat some dinner and I'm staring at this guy so I finally walk up to him and ask: "Are you Peter Buck?" He says yeah! I start chatting with him about REM and tell him I saw him come out to play Not Fade Away with Patti Smith at the Gorge and he tells me he remembers it because they opened for Neil Yound and it made it onto Young's DVD! He was just hanging out waiting to play with Robyn. I didn't even know he was in Robyn's band! The show was great and I was about one of 5 people who actually got up and danced. If they come around, I highly recommend checking them out!
After the show, I went to say thanks and goodbye and told him congrats on getting inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and he said thanks and then stopped me and said: "Hey, thanks for dancing!" Real nice guy and a pleasure to talk to.

#15069  by jck_strw

Very cool. It's always nice to hear when "big" musicians are somewhat humble and appreciative of the fans.

I'll have to check out Robyn when he comes through CO.

#15081  by tigerstrat

Cool story, Amy! I'll bet he gets recognized a lot less often than Stipe does.