When it doesn't fit anywhere else
 #12796  by spilly

I have officially fallen in love with Buddy Rich.
I've know about him for years due to that fact that my brothers a drummer and he preaches the gospel according to Buddy.
However, it wasn't until recently when I was giving my brother a hard time, that he handed me a few cd's and told me to get high and enjoy. What a ride that was, If you not familiar with him I recomend downloading the tune Mercy, Mercy, Mercy. You'll love ever second of it.

I am a pinball machine, I can tell the difference between my belly button and my navel, ping-pong, pool cue, or a fooseball table.......Moe.

#12811  by mutant_dan

I am not sure if it is true but I seem to remember that he would chant 'lamb chop, lamb chop, lamb chop' to keep time while playing..

#12934  by spilly

I've never heard that, but I'll ask my brother.
seems like a strange thing to do

#12950  by tigerstrat

I always thought Joe Zawinul wrote Mercyx3? I heard a cool Bob Weir-sung version once, with Nightfood feat. Jaco Pastorius

Anyone ever hear that one stealth recording, made circa 1960's, of Buddy Rich haranguing his band backstage at a gig? He's livid, yelling at each of them in turn, and it's terrifically over-the-top abuse. I also remember him hosting the Muppet Show once.