rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

When it doesn't fit anywhere else
 #12480  by confusions_prince
 Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:15 pm
A recent cool (not cold) spell seems to have killed my Salvia, but I have hope for the future since there is some green left and I've read stories about it coming back from roots. Now I'll have to wait even longer for my leaves!

Anyone have tips for helping my plant come back to life??

#12906  by The Doctor
 Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:10 am
It can come back, just keep it watered (fish emulsion formula is good fer regenerative growth) and in lots of light.

Salvia...ick. s'like Nitrous, without the giggles.

#12931  by shakedown_04092
 Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:08 am
The Doctor wrote:Salvia...ick. s'like Nitrous, without the giggles.
Agreed...
 #14162  by revned_04
 Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:39 pm
i want to grow some but cant find any where to get seeds, do u know of somewhere online maybe?
 #14200  by kevo
 Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:21 am
revned_04 wrote:i want to grow some but cant find any where to get seeds, do u know of somewhere online maybe?
Salvia seeds aren't too common. You're going to have to find a cutting somewhere.
 #14208  by confusions_prince
 Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:00 pm
kevo wrote:Salvia seeds aren't too common. You're going to have to find a cutting somewhere.
Most "seeds" are a ripoff. This site has excellent information and a shop: http://sagewisdom.org/salviashop.html

#14213  by revned_04
 Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:25 pm
i want to have the satisfactio of smoking something that ive grown, so thats why, and i know the effects are pretty shitty.

#14219  by confusions_prince
 Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:28 pm
revned_04 wrote:i want to have the satisfactio of smoking something that ive grown, so thats why, and i know the effects are pretty shitty.
That's a fine reason to grow it as it will have you growing closer to the Lady Salvia. If you're patient and careful enough to grow it, it's also many times cheaper to do it that way.

Why take something you think is shitty? If you think it's harsh to smoke, why not try chewing it or buy some extract?