rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

When it doesn't fit anywhere else
 #10986  by confusions_prince
 Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:18 pm
Derek Trucks and Susan Tedeschi are coming to my town this month. I've only ever heard one Derek Trucks song, and I liked it, but I'm still not sure I want to see them. Opinions?
 #10987  by hlblyhipy
 Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:23 pm
dou yourself a favor and go the guy is amazing I only saw him once and he blew me away can't say anything about his wife though.What states you in if its not too far ill go
peace Andrew

#10989  by confusions_prince
 Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:32 pm
He's all over Florida and also to Atlanta (pretty normal end of tour stuff in the Southeast). I'd be at the show on the 29th if I went.

#10996  by nolehead
 Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:57 pm
confusions - i highly recommend going to the DTB Pompano show on the 29th. i've seen derek about 15 times and they all have rocked. that guy is an absolutely sick guitar player, and i dont think you wil be disapointed.

only thing that sucks about the pompano show is that it is reserved seating, not GA.

#11009  by Crazy 9.5 Fingers
 Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:16 pm
HE IS SO NASTY!!!!!

YOU WILL BE BLOWN AWAY WITH HIS GUITAR TONE!!!!!

YOU MIGHT NOT EVER WANT TO PLAY GUITAR AGAIN HOWEVER AS HE IS A BIT OF A HUMBLER!!

I think I'll be at that show.

#11019  by confusions_prince
 Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:13 pm
Crazy 9.5 Fingers wrote:HE IS SO NASTY!!!!!

YOU WILL BE BLOWN AWAY WITH HIS GUITAR TONE!!!!!

YOU MIGHT NOT EVER WANT TO PLAY GUITAR AGAIN HOWEVER AS HE IS A BIT OF A HUMBLER!!

I think I'll be at that show.
I'll see you and nolehead there. I'll be the long-haired guy in tie dye.

#11022  by phreaker
 Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:58 pm
I've only seen him once. Wakarusa '04. Amazing show. I've been waiting a while for him to come back round these parts.

#11033  by whitelacestrange
 Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:23 am
i saw DTB as a warm up for the allman bros, i remember coming to the show alittle late cause i was finishing an L outside, but his music just pulled my right in. i wanna see a DTB show soo badly. of course Trucks rocks even harder with Allmans, but its all good.

#11067  by runawaymatt
 Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:39 pm
I've seen DTB 9 or 10 times I beleive. His current lineup in the band is far superior to his previous ones. He is an incredibly gifted guitarist. His wife is an extremely talented singer as well. The last time I saw him his wife took the stage with him and it was pure magic. I would definately go to this show. :smile: :smile: Enjoy it man!