rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

When it doesn't fit anywhere else
 #10565  by SoulShakedown
 Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:43 pm
Hey folks!

New guy here, juss sayin' hello.

Fingerstyle blues, country blues and jazz player.

Great site! looking forward to contributing and meeting new friends :)

See ya 'round!

#10566  by LazyLightnin
 Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:54 pm
welcome to our humble community. :cool:

#10567  by Crazy 9.5 Fingers
 Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:17 pm
"Jane is in the back yard, doing the outside dance" Great username and welcome.

#10569  by squire758
 Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:54 pm
Welcome! and hey! whynot kick off your membership with a kind fingerstyle blues lesson? i dont see too many lessons of that style in my neck of the woods

#10571  by SoulShakedown
 Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:11 pm
Hey guys, Thanks for the warm welcome!

I would be thrilled to bring a fingerstyle blues lesson to the site. I am very much a traditionalist and have been studying the art for many years. You'll have to give me a few days to put something together but it would be my pleasure to pass on what I know.

Now that you've got my wheels spinning, I'd really like to write a post covering all areas. The history, styles, influences, lessons etc...

Is there a section on the forums specifically for tutorials or lessons? I hadn't noticed.

Stay tuned!

Peace,
Little Sonny

#10572  by shakedown_04092
 Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:22 pm
(drooling....Homer-style)

Gaaahhhhhhh......more info......mmmmmm......lessons...tasty licks....mmmmm...gaaahhhhhhh..... :hail:

#10574  by LazyLightnin
 Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:19 pm
check out both forums labeled think tank. also a great video instruction section "hint hint" 8)

"do thee mosh potato"

#10578  by Benthegoodbum
 Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:26 am
Hey there...welcome to the site...I'm a novice..have been for the past few years. It will be nice to get some more experience with the guitar from any lessons you might be able to bestow. Though the forum doesn't update constantly it is a nice place to chill. Hope you have fun here and find it nice enough to come back to on many occasion! :cool: