When it doesn't fit anywhere else
 #140062  by TruckinThruTennessee

I love all the commentary between songs (lost kid situations, water situations). My two favorites are when when the guy is introducing the band and all of sudden "uh...we are under attack by mysterious :D vibrations." And Bobby saying "The heat is doing mighty strange things to our instruments so we're gonna be outta tune for awhile." Then they keep playing and to me it sounds perfectly fine, I wonder how bad the tuning was? Anyway, if any of you have a favorite spoken line let us know!

TruckinThruTennessee
 #140080  by paulinnc

It has been so long since I watched that. There was a part when Kesey or somebody is making an announcement about a truck spraying water over the crowd and he says something to the effect of "Don't worry its just water, plain water, its not going to hurt you, just cool you off." or something to that effect.
 #140082  by NSP

paulinnc wrote:It has been so long since I watched that. There was a part when Kesey or somebody is making an announcement about a truck spraying water over the crowd and he says something to the effect of "Don't worry its just water, plain water, its not going to hurt you, just cool you off." or something to that effect.
Prankster Ken Babbs was the MC for the event. Apparently there was a mix up and the truck they were going to use to cool off the crowd was the truck that was cleaning the shitters....now that would be a bad trip.

I love the lead in to Dark Star....."Ahhhhh give it to meeeeeee"
 #140085  by TruckinThruTennessee

Great one at the end of "Playing in the Band" from disc 2.
Bobby: "Thank you, that's Miz Donna Jean Godchaux, on vocals over here and new to some of you is Keith Godchaux on pianer and I can't here the Goddam monitors. Mine must be out up here or something...cuz yours sound like they're really doin it over there. Wait a minute, yeah mine are out...uh well yeah I guess."
 #140093  by mgbills

I just wish I was the guy "dancing" on the pole behind the stage.

That would put a fellow in the big leagues. Kennedy. Lincoln. And the naked pole guy!
Peace
M
 #140099  by tcsned

mgbills wrote:I just wish I was the guy "dancing" on the pole behind the stage.

That would put a fellow in the big leagues. Kennedy. Lincoln. And the naked pole guy!
Peace
M
It's funny that we think of the past being much more uptight but if someone were dancing naked like that at a public event, they'd be getting a police beatdown and a night in the lockup. Maybe the nature of the event was different than just a regular public show, I dunno.