rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

When it doesn't fit anywhere else
 #139995  by myoung6923
 Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:25 pm
So, I have been using a PRS Custom 24 that I modded with all of the goodies - but I wasn't completely happy with it. So last year I bought another PRS P24 in order to have it done right. The P24 was a limited edition with a piezo in the bridge. I chose this one because it already had a battery compartment, 2 jacks, fixed bridge, blade switch... It had a lot of the hole right where I would want them.

A few months ago I brought it up to AO guitars for the full on Tiger retrofit. It's amazing. I can't speak highly enough about Andrew Olson - great guy and great work. It now has 2 super 2's, an SDS 1, Waldo buffer, OBEL... The piezo didn't make the cut though. Here's a couple of pics and a clip with it...

#140025  by Diggey
 Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:25 am
Beautiful top and love that color burst. It almost looks like those old hard root beer candies from when I was a kid. I think they were shaped like barrels..... Anyway looks killer
 #140026  by barefootdave
 Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:39 am
Looks and sounds GREAT, really enjoyed your playing as well. Congrats!

I love my Moriarty and my Alembic, but the guitar that still fits my hand best is the PRS CU22 that I bought new in 1995. It has had its share of bumps and bruises over the years, so there are no barriers to customizing it further. I think I am finally going to get on Andrew's waiting list.

Thanks for posting this!
 #140032  by tcsned
 Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:45 pm
That's a beautiful guitar with some great mods. Nice tone and great playin' too!