rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

When it doesn't fit anywhere else
 #9400  by jck_strw
 Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:39 pm
It's hockey season already? Man, that was a quick off-season. I don't have much hope for the Flyers this year (21 years of not winning the Cup will do that to you), but we'll see.

Good luck to all*.

*-Except for the Canes, and the Rangers, the Devils, the Islanders, the Sabres, hell the whole Eastern conference. Screw them. :)

#9407  by HOWEYMAN
 Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:02 am
Red Wings all the way!!!!!

#9408  by Billbbill
 Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:05 am
Go Rangers!

Got Shanahan this year to compliment Jagr.

Look out Flyers!

:twisted:

#9409  by phpbb
 Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:11 am
HOWEYMAN - nice! we find out the captain tonight! Hopefully they can go all the way past the first round this year...
Last edited by phpbb on Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

#9410  by HOWEYMAN
 Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:12 am
Billbbill wrote:Go Rangers!

Got Shanahan this year to compliment Jagr.

Look out Flyers!

:twisted:
Yea, I wish Shanny was still with us. I mean he scored the most goals last year, but the postseason performance was....well.. disapointing, but he wasn't the only one.
Have fun watching Shanny, I know I'll miss seing him in D-town.

#9411  by phpbb
 Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:13 am
I had prime viewing for Shanny's 500th goal. He's awesome.

#9412  by HOWEYMAN
 Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:14 am
phpbb wrote:HOWEYMAN - nice! we find out the captain tonight! Hopefully they can go all the way past the first round this year...

Proably Lidstrom. which is fine with me. Drapes has my nod also. Is Lidstrom on of the greatest defense men in recent history? Pure Genius on the ice.

#9413  by GratefulFloyd
 Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:09 am
this is the year for the BLACKHAWKS!

#9415  by jck_strw
 Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:19 am
I think I'm living in the 90s.

That should've been 31 years of losing, not 21. Now I'm even more depressed.

#9422  by ebick
 Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:17 am
jck_strw wrote:I think I'm living in the 90s.

We're talkin' Fred Shero, Bernie Parent, etc... right? Wow that was a long time ago!

Much easier to remember guys like my Devils' Martin Brodeur.

#9426  by jck_strw
 Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:13 am
ebick wrote:
jck_strw wrote:I think I'm living in the 90s.

We're talkin' Fred Shero, Bernie Parent, etc... right? Wow that was a long time ago!

Much easier to remember guys like my Devils' Martin Brodeur.
Ah yes, Fred "Fog" Shero. Bernie Parent, Bobby Clarke, Bill Barber, Reggie Leach and Dave "The Hammer" Schultz. To my disappointment, they don't play hockey like that anymore.

#9430  by spilly
 Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:01 pm
my Buffalo Sabres are taking it this year. Sorry guys, but we talked about this a few short months ago, all your teams we're gone and my team hit the worst injury spree that anyone has ever seen. at least that was ligit though. I can stand being put out because your entire defensive collection is injured. What I can't stand is the league changing the rules because of a false win. Players should not be able to enter the crease. but now I'm ranting.
I apologize.
Sports Illistrated predicts the Sabres will be the eastern champs. I think after all the shit we'vew taken we deserve more than that.

If your teams are playing the Sabres I fell sorry for you, it's our turn.

Thou I must admit, our new logo sucks. That whole slug with a combover thing just dosn't work

#9431  by jck_strw
 Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:05 pm
spilly wrote:Thou I must admit, our new logo sucks. That whole slug with a combover thing just dosn't work
That's the only thing you said that I agree with. :)

#9433  by phpbb
 Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:16 pm
spilly wrote:Players should not be able to enter the crease.
talk about livin in the '90s... :-)

#9733  by jck_strw
 Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:59 am
So does anyone want a couple of Canadians, a Swede, a Finn and some Americans? I'll trade the Flyers straight up for a bag of pucks. New pucks preferrably, but I'm not really in a position to negotiate.

Thus begins my long winter of discontent.