rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

When it doesn't fit anywhere else
 #133232  by Laytonco
 Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:38 pm
Hey,
The venue owner for our Halloween show wants us to do a poster that plays on the Star Trek quote where they say "They're all Dead, Jim." He says there is an image that plays this into the Grateful Dead. I've been looking all over the net for this and I'm not coming up with anything. Anyone know anything about this?

Thanks,

Gil
 #133249  by Pete B.
 Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:47 am
I would grab a good image of McCoy and Kirk from Google Images, and PhotoShop it so it looks like he's talking about Jerry, PigPen, Keith, and Vince.
"They're all Dead, Jim."
 #133254  by HeadSpace
 Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:26 am
Pete B. wrote:I would grab a good image of McCoy and Kirk from Google Images, and PhotoShop it so it looks like he's talking about Jerry, PigPen, Keith, and Vince.
"They're all Dead, Jim."
Clever, but perhaps not the most tasteful approach.
 #133294  by Bear62
 Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:30 am
I recall a Tour shirt from the 80's w/ Bones out in front of an image of the band on stage, possibly clad in ST uniforms w/ the the quote "I think they're Dead Jim." This was just a play on the original. I always liked it and wish I had picked one up!
 #133296  by Laytonco
 Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:26 pm
Hey Fretful, yeah, Ive had our manager go back to him and ask for some specifics. Hell, if he wants us to make something, we can do it. I see all those "Jim, he's Dead" like you are. Thanks everyone for at least making me feel like i wasn't completely missing the obvious!

Gil
 #133297  by mgbills
 Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:36 pm
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/5489753600/h93C8E798/

Maybe the episode with Jelly-fish aliens that clung behind embuttments & ballustrades. I think one clung to Kirk's face. Ohhh...Ohhh..."The Doomsday Machine" Giant floating ice cream cone. But it might be Capt. Pike saying it. Seems like there is an episode with some sort of life-energy draining creature. Maybe that one where the lady has the octopus tenticles on her fingers.

It's out there.
 #133299  by FretfulDave
 Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:24 pm
Laytonco,

Apologies for using the familiar form of address. As I do not know you, I had no right to do so in a public forum.

Mgbills -

I am sure you are right. All those episodes may have had that line in them and I just can't turn them up on the Internet searches or my aging memory.

I told my wife about this thread and was admonished for publishing on a public forum again. I was only trying to help. Spur some creative thinking. It seems I was wrong. I will not pass along any further thoughts other than to wish Laytonco the best of luck with his endeavor.

Signing off. Fare thee well.

Respectfully,

Dave Comfort
 #133402  by Pete B.
 Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:13 pm
"They're all Dead, Jim..."
...Jerry, John Kahn, Merle Saunders, John "Marmaduke" Dawson, Brent, Keith, PigPen, James "Scotty" Doohan, and even series creator Gene Roddenberry.

It's turning out to be quite the Kind Halloween poster.

Add John Belushi!
 #133409  by TI4-1009
 Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:09 pm
mgbills wrote:https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/5489753600/h93C8E798/

Maybe the episode with Jelly-fish aliens that clung behind embuttments & ballustrades. I think one clung to Kirk's face. Ohhh...Ohhh..."The Doomsday Machine" Giant floating ice cream cone. But it might be Capt. Pike saying it. Seems like there is an episode with some sort of life-energy draining creature. Maybe that one where the lady has the octopus tenticles on her fingers.
The salt suckers?
 #133410  by tcsned
 Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:26 pm
No, the one where they pick up the hippies from Eden, Spock playing weird electric autoharp.