When it doesn't fit anywhere else
 #134352  by NSP

tcsned wrote:My favorite three words: OUT FOR DELIVERY!!!!! :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
Nice...I'm jealous. I've been waiting to see those words for a year and a half on my guitar, any day now.....I hope.

Enjoy
 #134370  by tcsned

First impressions, HOLY SHIT THIS IS A NICE GUITAR!!! Brian, aka milobender, does some awesome work. From that brass hardware, to the finish, to the electronics I'd give it all a 10. He put a Waldo buffer and an Alembic Blaster in it with a toggle and cool blue/green LED indicator to show which is active. If you need to get some work done on a guitar Brian is a perfect choice. I'll record some video and post some clips soon.
 #134377  by tcsned

First impressions: it's got a strong acoustic tone, a good sign in any electric. Brian did a nice setup, intonated well, if anything I may raise the action up a bit. I ran it through my pedal board with the HubBub junction box into my 65 Twin Reissue (my SMS and Mac were packed away and a little hard to get to). It sounds great, I haven't had a guitar with a DiMarzio pickup since I pulled a pair out of my Les Paul in the early 90s. I was never a big fan of them in the Les Paul - to brittle sounding, no sweetness. I really like the way it sounds in this guitar. More Jerry-ish than anything else I own. It also has Waldo's buffer and an Alembic Blaster - it has a toggle between them with a cool blue and green LED to show which is selected. They sound slightly different, I'm not sure which I'll use more. It's cool to have options. I dig the LED lights :-) I've been using a thru-neck guitar with a burled redwood/flame maple body with 3 Duncans with the OBEL/Waldo buffer. It does great on Dead stuff but it's definitely different. This, on first impression, sound a lot more Jerry-ish. I'll give it a better workout and record some clips of it Monday or so and I'll gig with it next weekend - that'll be a real test. I really like it so far, Brian (aka milobender) does awesome work. As does Doug Darling at Soulmate Guitars, Cliff Suttle at Shark Inlay. I highly recommend them all.

#134449  by easytoslip

beautiful guitar, you're stoked. looking forward to hearing clips of it being played
 #134465  by tcsned

I thought I was going to have to whole evening to my self but the ex dropped the kids off so I couldn't spend the time I wanted to. I made a quick and dirty video comparison of Waldo's buffer and the Alembic Blaster. They definitely have a different tonality. I'm not sure what exactly these differences are yet. Waldo's seems to have a very clean bell-like thing going for it while the Alembic is a little warmer sounding. This video isn't my best effort, the mic level wasn't clipping but it does kinda sound like it. Maybe an issue with the mic or the XLR input on the camera. I'm going to make a few more videos so I'll get it all worked out, hopefully tomorrow.

#134630  by tcsned

The first gig went great, I'm still getting used to it as every guitar is a bit different but I'm really digging it. I am surprised at how much the Super 2 makes a difference. It really gives that punch to the lower strings that I have been missing. This recording isn't great as the venue was really crowded and loud, but it's a reasonable representation. We just started playing this tune and I'm starting to get a handle on it.

https://soundcloud.com/tcsned/tennessee ... -the-alley
 #134632  by jester536

This recording isn't great as the venue was really crowded and loud, but it's a reasonable representation.
You gotta love getting a bad recording because the place is too packed and rowdy. There are far worse things that could happen.
 #134634  by tcsned

jester536 wrote:
This recording isn't great as the venue was really crowded and loud, but it's a reasonable representation.
You gotta love getting a bad recording because the place is too packed and rowdy. There are far worse things that could happen.
Indeed, though I gotta say, it gets a little difficult to play with any dynamics when the crowd is noisy but I'd rather struggle with that than hear crickets chirping
. . . first world problems :)