When it doesn't fit anywhere else
 #126642  by Dwarf Rat

Three weeks ago I had a pretty terrible bicycle crash. Going between 20 and 30 miles an hour I hit a large bump on a steep hill in Morro Bay, CA on vacation. It was the one time I didn't have a helmet even though I had ridden my road bike 75 miles a few days before with all my bike clothes and helmet. I was on my old Stump Jumper and flew about 25 feet threw the air before I hit the ground and slid another ten feet.

I spent 12 days in two hospitals, the first week in ICU in San Luis Obispo. With a skull fracture, six stitches in my head, two slightly broken vertebrae, five broken ribs, and a broken right collar bone partially separated from my sternum, I was not feeling too well.

After I got home, I took my Merrill OM 28 out of the Calton Case and started to play Candyman, Deal, Sugaree, Halfstep Missippi Toodaloo, and as much as I could remember. While my right arm hurts like a MoFo, my left hand is playing as good as always. The band and I were going to go into the studio to record four tunes for our gigs, but I am on a sling for another month or so. I have forgotten the names of some of the tunes, but when I look them up in my iPad they all come back.
 #126643  by Tennessee Jedi

Have a speedy recovery
Hope you are up and jamming soon !
- Tom
 #126648  by PaulJay

Hope you are 100% soon.
 #126650  by mijknahs

That is really heavy. I've broken some bones in the past (including my collarbone) but nothing that bad and all at once. Sound like you're fortunate to be alive. May you make a speedy and full recovery!
 #126655  by jester536

Ouch...those are all injuries that are tough to recover from. I was taking my bike out the other day and was riding like 3 blocks from my house and didn't wear my helmet because it was just a short quick ride....I will the next time. Get well soon.