Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:02 am
Very nice Jerry chops and tone.

Bass player sounds just like Mike Gordon! :lol:

Dad + son bands are cool.
 #117508  by TI4-1009
 Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:10 am
jkstraw wrote:
TI4-1009 wrote: (or in my case PigPen)
Read this...realized I have make a list of users who I must meet up with an have a meal, drink, etc with so I can hear some stories! :peas:

What I wouldn't give to have heard pig live! That is awesome!
I am in fact the self-appointed President of the little-known organization OAD: Order of the Ancient Deadheads. Only membership requirement is to have attended at least one PigPen show.

Fewer and fewer of us every year.... :-) Woodstock gave us a big bump (but you have an * after your name if that was your only Pig-Dead "show"). :lol:
 #117510  by mgbills
 Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:13 am
T14 ...that is unbelievably cool. If I remember right, you're somewhere in Upstate. Grew up in Ithaca. Lived there 23 years. First show 1981, but that's small-taters compared to seeing Pigpen.

Righteous Man. :peas:
 #117553  by easytoslip
 Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:24 am
The Stag wrote:blah blah blah were both real we already coverd that subject and were not going anywhere we are here to stay mmkay bad spelling and all! we may not spell that good but i think we play pretty good mmkay!

sounds good, little dudes :wink: which is which, stag in black tee, phil lesh in tie dye or vice versa? what kind of guitars yall play? Looks like pop's on a strat and black tee's on a custom?
 #117554  by The Stag
 Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:31 am
you are correct phil is tye dye, stag is black tee, and pops iin middle mkay. my guitar is a custom philga, phils is a dean and pops is on a strat mmkay
 #117562  by JonnyBoy
 Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:21 am
Phil Lesh101 wrote:No you didn't scream "YOU'RE REAL!" seamed like it though! :lol:
It was weird because at the time we had no idea there was a post "The Stag and Phil Lesh101 same person?" :smile:
JonnyBoy wrote:I can understand how you come to the conclusion about Phish and thier success, and Jerry's death did give them some more fans on tour. but they were huge already. The band that really got a huge charge from Jerry's death was WSP IMO.
That is what I was trying to say but I was told I was a fool for saying so.

Well, in print you must stick to as much fact as possible when stating things in absolute terms, or make sure people know you are stating an opinion. You can't rely on people to assume your intentions or let them assume what you were trying to say, especially after starting a flame!!

Fact: The Dead stopped touring.

Fact: Phish were still touring.

Fact: Phish did grow a little when the Dead stopped touring, but they were HUGE already and didn't need Dead heads to keep them rolling.

False: Phish suddenly became successful when Jerry died and owe their success to that in any way.

Phish may not be my favorite band, but you can't deny their unique approach and their talent! Mike G played Phil style bass at TRI better than most pro players I know. Music is always a taste thing no need to bash it, unless you wanna start a fight, and that's what happened me thinks....

As for the security on this site, hats off to those that keep us from being cyber raped. It is not easy and trolls are a wase of space here. it is easier to knock them out then to allow them to run rampant. You did start your membership here most unorthodox. Hippy, cool, square or not, that is just asking for trouble within an online qroup. A little conformity, where it helps everyone around you, never really hurt anyone and is an act of kindness. :hd:
 #117567  by The Stag
 Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:44 pm
and to be more specific the guitar in my hands is a phiga with some specs of mine i wanted and the one in the backround is a tiger replica also a phiga mmkay
 #117603  by TI4-1009
 Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:48 pm
From SF Huff-Post:

"Phil has long been credited with being part of a group of '60s bass players that pioneered a more melodic, lead kind of playing. Mike Gordon of Phish has been aware of this style for sometime. After two songs, when Phil left the performance to join Yonder Mountain String Band at Terrapin Crossroads, Gordon picked up the role of the bassist and finished the rest of the show. Seeing these two musicians one after the other, it was clear that Phil had greatly influenced Gordon's sound and style."
 #117618  by jeffm725
 Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:00 am
TI4-1009 wrote:From SF Huff-Post:

"Phil has long been credited with being part of a group of '60s bass players that pioneered a more melodic, lead kind of playing. Mike Gordon of Phish has been aware of this style for sometime. After two songs, when Phil left the performance to join Yonder Mountain String Band at Terrapin Crossroads, Gordon picked up the role of the bassist and finished the rest of the show. Seeing these two musicians one after the other, it was clear that Phil had greatly influenced Gordon's sound and style."

Yeah, but don't let the facts get in the way of a good troll session. "Mike Gordon sucks, Phil should smack him in the face with a Dead Possum" or some such nonsense from our teenage friends. :roll:
 #117625  by The Stag
 Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:05 am
you are absoulutly right jeffm725kjshfurgjdsf,I still think he sucks mmkay
 #117639  by Rusty the Scoob
 Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:00 am
The Stag wrote:you are absoulutly right jeffm725kjshfurgjdsf,I still think he sucks mmkay
And we all think you're wrong and we're also very sick of seeing you type "mmkay". But thanks for your valuable input.