rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

When it doesn't fit anywhere else
 #116137  by Phil Lesh101
 Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:46 am
These guys get better and better everytime I see them! I had a great time! :smile:

Sorry about the picture not fitting for some reason like always but I'm sure you all know what songs they are!
 #116139  by Stevo123
 Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:40 pm
Listening on archive right now. Just saw them this week in atlanta (on the 10th). That show is still not up on the archive I'm wondering if the tapers are getting lax or what!
 #116180  by Pete B.
 Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:16 am
Nice set list. I would have liked that show.
'Just got the tix in the mail for The Edgefield, three nights in late Sept.
Nice!
:cool: :cool: :cool:
 #116218  by strumminsix
 Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:41 am
Chicago was just a solid B. The first set had 0 rock & roll till Saint. Great first set, but too much mid-tempo.

Second set was a treat! Great Passenger & T-Stones and JK ripped up Dew. Watchtower was a bit slow. Attics vocally was superb but Phil was playing so softly it didn't have the drive.
 #116244  by tigger
 Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:19 pm
Interesting that a few days ago I saw Furthur close the Bethel Woods show with Samson, and tonight I saw Mickey's band open with it. Both amazing shows!
 #116254  by eric
 Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:25 am
I've been listening to it on archive , seemed like a rippin show . My buddy was gifted some first row tix there and said it was a killer show as well . I saw them kick off at McCoy and they seemed a bit dull ish compared to all the other times I've seen them ...
 #116324  by Phil Lesh101
 Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:01 pm
eric wrote:I've been listening to it on archive , seemed like a rippin show . My buddy was gifted some first row tix there and said it was a killer show as well . I saw them kick off at McCoy and they seemed a bit dull ish compared to all the other times I've seen them ...
You call this "Dull-ish?" :shock:

#116356  by eric
 Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:52 am
Whoa there lil doggy... The setlist was rockin ...no complaints here ....it just wasn't one of the better shows I've seen from them ... Just an observation ...

I heard Hornsby was ripping SOTM @ GOTV ... I probably would have cried if I heard that live ...