rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

When it doesn't fit anywhere else
 #115799  by strumminsix
 Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:54 am
I can't get a feel from him. He uses alot of Mighty Mite necks (which many do as they start up their business) and alot of Fender parts and bodies (again common).

But I don't see what's custom about his place? Maybe his assembly and setup is top notch? That'd be my best guess as what he offers.

And honestly, the setup is key. I folks play on shitty setup guitars all the time. And it's even worse when they play on shitty setup guitars they paid thousands custom for.
 #115802  by tcsned
 Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:05 am
Yeah, that was my thought - he's got some interesting set ups, a buddy was thinking about it since they are so inexpensive.

I would be summarily executed if I brought home another guitar :-)
 #115803  by strumminsix
 Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:18 am
tcsned wrote:Yeah, that was my thought - he's got some interesting set ups, a buddy was thinking about it since they are so inexpensive.

I would be summarily executed if I brought home another guitar :-)
LOL! My wife rolled her eyes as I did exactly that last week. Well, they rolled from the new guitar to the stack of stuff in the selling staging area.

Honestly, I wouldn't hesitate to check them out if I lived close to the guy to see his setup work.
 #115806  by guido
 Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:08 am
I don't get why somebody would go this route. They put together guitars to look like Fenders, they come in Fender gig bags.....why not just by a Fender?