rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

When it doesn't fit anywhere else
 #113631  by jeffm725
 Tue May 08, 2012 11:10 am
Pretty cool documentary made about Toads Place "the Home room" of one of the bands I am in (Shakedown).....
Toads is a rock and roll landmark and unfortunately turning into the only room of its kind anymore.

They did some interviews and footage at one of our shows, but we didn't know how much if anything would be used, they ended up using a fair amount, and there is some nice quotes from the owner of toads about us. They even get some quotes from me :oops: and I dont consider myself a quotable guy!

Well worth a watch from a Rock and Roll history standpoint if you have 27 minutes sometime.

http://vimeo.com/41337352
 #113735  by easytoslip
 Thu May 10, 2012 4:46 am
it's a decent video, I watched in three parts or something, and I swear the first two times I couldn't even comprehend what that little english prick was saying, so I didn't listen to his parts...boy I'm sorry I ever did. what an effin tool :lol:
 #113736  by hippieguy1954
 Thu May 10, 2012 5:21 am
easytoslip wrote:it's a decent video, I watched in three parts or something, and I swear the first two times I couldn't even comprehend what that little english prick was saying, so I didn't listen to his parts...boy I'm sorry I ever did. what an effin tool :lol:
It is actually an interesting vid, but "little english prick"? :shock: I have a lot of english and irish in me as well as American Indian and I'm 6th or 7th generation American . What makes him a "little english prick"? What is your heritage?
Don't you know it's not nice to call people names based on their heritage? Shows a certain level of ignorance and true colors. :x