rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

When it doesn't fit anywhere else
 #112909  by PaulJay
 Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:12 pm
Hey, Did any of you guys see the video recording of the 7-18-89 show from Alpine Valley, last night at the movies? Jerry switched to wolf during the space segment.
And in the middle of Dear Mr. Fantasy wolf went dead and he switched to Tiger. i'm thinking maybe the battery went dead on him?
 #112978  by gr8fullfred
 Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:06 am
Did anyone notice that while Bobby was doing his slide solo Jerry was cringing. Then when Bobby finishes the solo, the camera goes to Jerry and he is laughing. Jerry then goes on to rip a killer solo, I think the song was Minglewood.

Anyone else notice this?
 #113099  by NSP
 Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:53 pm
gr8fullfred wrote:Did anyone notice that while Bobby was doing his slide solo Jerry was cringing. Then when Bobby finishes the solo, the camera goes to Jerry and he is laughing. Jerry then goes on to rip a killer solo, I think the song was Minglewood.

Anyone else notice this?
Totally noticed that. My buddy and I were laughing our asses off. I think Brent got in on that too, he and Jer were doing a lot of giggling.

Loved seeing this movie...being a southern Wisconsin boy, I saw all the Alpine shows from '85 on. Great memories of good ole' Alpine.

I'd guess we had about 30-40 people in the theater in Madison.
 #113308  by TI4-1009
 Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:10 am
gr8fullfred wrote:Did anyone notice that while Bobby was doing his slide solo Jerry was cringing. Then when Bobby finishes the solo, the camera goes to Jerry and he is laughing. Jerry then goes on to rip a killer solo, I think the song was Minglewood.

Anyone else notice this?
Which was a repeat of just about everyone in the band and audience every time Bobby "played" a "slide solo". :shock:

Every time Bobby picked up the slide my reaction was "RUN AWAY!" "RUN FAST!!!"
 #113311  by mkaufman
 Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:45 am
In Jan '82, I saw Bobby & The Midnights in LA. They played two shows in this small venue and between the shows, I was standing right in front of Bob's mic stand and his slide was there for the taking. I was soooooooo tempted to take the slide and become a hero, however, I assume if I had, I wouldn't be composing this post.

mk
 #113316  by gr8fullfred
 Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:24 am
Bobby is fairly intelligent, and I assume the even if you nabbed his slide, he would have found another one. If it was as easy as just grabbing Bobby's slide, I am pretty sure Jerry would have done that along time ago.