When it doesn't fit anywhere else
 #110194  by mttourpro

I've been a fan for a very long time but I've never played any of his SKB tunes or any Zero, etc.

I roughly figured out Cole's Law, 5B4 Funk and Tongue n Groove as possible tunes to do. They are all fairly "easy" tunes (as far as changes) that I think allows a great forum to do his thing as only he does.

Just wondering if anyone has actually learned/played any of his tunes and if so, which ones you might recommend me/my band looking into learning.

FWIW, was watching some youtube vids of the Quixote run with Kyle H, Bobby V and Wally I last night and they can freakin jam.
 #110199  by Tennessee Jedi

Hey Tpro
Congrats on getting Kimock to sit in w/ you guys !
I'm listening to 05/02/2000 from the Thunderbird ???? I think you sent it to me :-)
Avalon/Cowboy/Bad hair/Better Get it in Soul
mmhhhmmmmmm
:D
 #110204  by mttourpro

Jedi, that's actually from Quixote's in Denver.

There's LOTS of great tunes to pick from---just hoping to get some input from people who might have actually picked a couple that they've done out before.
Thanks though on the congrats. I am beyond way excited about this.
 #110208  by ronster

I did the Fur peace ranch deal thing with Steve. Your base player from this group was there studying with Jack. Spent 4 days learning from Steve. I would ask him to play a tune and he would be like cool lets do it, then lean back and be well first you gotta learn this... and then it would be midnight and he showed us all kinds of cool stuff about music theory, harmonics, tones, rhythm etc but I would rarely get around to showing us one of his tunes. After 4 days of this, I learned a ton and had a great time but only picked up a few of his tunes. I have some tab for 5B4, Hillbillies, New Africa, Baby Baby, and Golden Road and would recommend those for a band situation. Learning Steve is like what people here say about learning Phil stuff except even more so.. he never plays a song the same. He rarely plays the same note the same.

You can find some tabs and discussion at:
http://www.online-discussion.com/SteveK ... f70fc5699e
or PM me and I can email what I have to you. I would love to work through some tunes with you beyond what I have as he sometimes goes places that I have no idea WTF he is doing.
 #110234  by jeffm725

One of my bands has covered "Its up to you" a few times. Great song....
 #110335  by Stone

I have dug kimock since 01' or so , very few of my buddies got into him besides the guitar players. ..lol ive done a few in a few different projects. Hillbils on PCP ,Up 2 U,Bronx Experiment and there was another but i cant think of it. I had gigs last time he was in Chicago and had to miss him, was bummed a lil.
 #110543  by mttourpro

I've been into playing this one the most--easy tune with room for anything

COLE'S LAW

Verse: D Emin (with an A at the end-esp on guitar).

Chorus: A B min, (then it walks up) Emin, F#min to G, goes back to D then quick G F#min back to

A to B min, (then it walks up) Emin, F#min to G, goes to D (Emin A back to Verse---kinda not played by the band)

nice new version below...from fri night

http://ia700801.us.archive.org/19/items ... rdings.ogg

and another one---this is sick with Melvin just crushing during SK solo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdOERiw2amo