When it doesn't fit anywhere else
 #107144  by Dozin

Since I didn't get anything cool for Christmas I decided to buy myself some presents :lol: I just picked up a VOX AC30 which is absolutely awesome sounding! What I really wanted to bring to peoples attention is this new little gadget from Zoom, The G3. I just picked one of these units up and I must say it's really cool. I'm really impressed with the sound quality. I've dabbled with zoom and digitech processors before and they down right sucked. This little guy though is pretty sweet. For you Jerry guys it has a Distortion+, Analog Delay, Octave, etc. in it. Right now I'm playing with the Flanger and pitch shifters, different delays etc for Weir stuff. There's some really cool pedals in this thing. What's even cooler you can save a patch and send it to your buddy to have. So everyone pick one up and we'll pass our effects around :lol:
You can't beat $199.99 price tag.

Here's what it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZ7Af81IPZA

Samples http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9p3fcF-sLs
 #107158  by Dozin

I'm not using the amp modeling in it.

Guitar>SBB>G3>Keeley Comp>VOX

MK - go into a music store and plug into a VOX
 #107166  by Dozin

AC30/6TB UK Greenbacks older- don't know the year
 #107167  by JonnyBoy

HA! Me too, crappy Christmas for me present wise, I just got a Hot rod Deluxe III limited edition about an hour ago. Super amp BTW. I haven't been taken back by an amp like this since I can remember. Lots of tones and the Jerry clean is perrrrrfect with my guitar at least. Happy to have a combo I can move without strain. I was toying with some pedals, I will check out the zoom, it is nice to have an all in one pedal for practice at home.
 #107227  by hogan

In a related note, I use the ac30 model on my axefx to knock a pretty cool weir tone. comp>ac30>a little dirt and parallel flange/phaser when necessary. It sounds good just barebones w/ ac30 model into jbl loaded cab.
 #107251  by hogan

mkaufman wrote:Do you have the AxeFX Ultra or II model? I have the Ultra and I'm trying to build a Vox sound. Any tips?

mk
It's an ultra. i go simple comp block>drive block> top boost amp block>reverb block> Parametric EQ block out to a JBL k120 2X12 cab.

The comp block is just a simple pedal style comp turned on to stock settings, the drive is a midboost w/ the drive set to about 6 or 7. The amp block is a top boost w/ the bass low, mids up and treble up and the drive a little higher than stock. Reverb is large hall w/ about 3seconds on the time. PEQ is there to create a real focused grouping of frequencies. I don't always use it but i thought it would be handy in a band situation. I don't do the Weir stuff in my band.
I have a phase block above the drive and a flanger below the drive so the drive block doesn't interact w/ those two blocks.
I use hollow body guitars w/ this patch almost exclusively. I've got a knock off prs hollow body w/ 3 p90's that can all be on at the same time, that sounds particularly nice. The patch, to my ears, gives you a simple but convincing Weir tone.
 #107259  by hogan

no. I use live cabs still.