rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

When it doesn't fit anywhere else
 #106210  by playingdead
 Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:11 am
I've just opened a small left-handed guitar shop here in the Boston area ... website just launched, still working on it, and photographing electric guitars that will be added early this week. Not too many electrics on hand at the moment.

http://leftyguitarsonly.com/

The righties can check out the "other gear" section, as I have a few leftover Jerry-style effects pedals up for grabs, and a new in the box AxeFX Ultra which would, of course, come complete with my custom Garcia patch and custom IR files for the JBL E-120 and K-110 speakers.
 #106220  by gr8fulbluz
 Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:53 am
I only just had a quick poke around. But wow nice site. I looked at a blackwood George Lowden F35 i think and all i have to say is does it look that good in person cause that is a great looking guitar in the pictues. Shot 3 caught my eye first.

I am not a lefty but one of my best Jam buddies from back in the 80s was. I never thought the pricing differential was fair for LH guitars. . :-x . .
I am always happy to see LH guitars getting a fair shake, You Rock! Rock on!
even if thay are all upside down and backwards, te he he.
 #106232  by hogan
 Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:38 am
Jerry's North. I love it. Good luck.
 #106236  by playingdead
 Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:02 am
jester536 wrote:Good luck on the new endeavor. I like the guitar stands...do they handle both electric and acoustic? Might be interested.
Thanks for the kind words. If I don't go broke, it will be a fun career ... LOL

That Tasmanian blackwood Lowden with the redwood top is a gorgeous instrument for sure. I can custom order most things righty, too, but won't be stocking anything.

Those guitar stands are cool, aren't they? They do accommodate electrics, acoustics and even basses. And they are small enough when folded to fit in a guitar case. The wood is real nice for your living room, and the plastic ones I use onstage with Playing Dead.

I'm just kind of carrying little stuff I personally like here and there ... like these stands, some Shubb stuff and those Snark tuners, which are great, too.

#106245  by JonnyBoy
 Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:29 pm
Awesome Vic. Do you have a Facebook link yet? We can help promote. I was having trouble scrolling down on the left column though, it may be my computer. I could however scroll on the larger right section just fine.

Love those stands. I have tried some smaller versions and have been scared my guitar will fall. these look much sturdier. I wish I could see the Jerry effects page!

Good Luck!
 #106247  by playingdead
 Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:33 pm
Setting up a Facebook page this weekend ... will post a link.

I think if people have the text enlarged in Windows it does some funky things with the layout. On the iPad, it works better in landscape mode than portrait mode.

Here's everything in the "other gear" section ....

http://leftyguitarsonly.com/?cat=16
 #106252  by tcsned
 Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:05 pm
Congats Vic!! Looks like you've got all the right stuff. It's a tough racket but you've got a nice niche market that should serve you well.

If you're still having issues with the iPad and other tablets in portrait there's some things in HTML5/CSS3 stuff that might help - defining multiple style sheets for screen size might help. PM me if you have any questions.
 #106278  by waldo041
 Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:33 am
Saw this lefty in a poster auction on ebay! looks like Hogan's axe!

peace,
waldo