rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

When it doesn't fit anywhere else
 #105064  by zott
 Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:55 pm
Please join us for a night of the Jerry Garcia Band tribute with Tiger Rose.

#105328  by zott
 Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:45 am
My brothers of the groove.

Tiger Rose Band was formed in 2011, in Westbury NY; when the remaining members of a Blues band, Don on Bass, Phil on Drums and Paul on Keyboard added a new Lead Guitarist Neil. They found just what they needed to take their music to the next level. Don, Paul and Phil, having played for over 23 years together, it didn’t take long for Neil to fit in. Since June of 2011 they have proved that they have everything they need to jam like a well fed machine. Influenced by the music of The Jerry Garcia Band they have acquired a loyal and growing fan base. Tiger Rose has played such Venues as Toomey’s on the Crik, Lefty’s, and Norton’s just to name a few. Tiger Rose has a way of taking Motown, R&B, Soul and Rock&Roll to a new level. Feeding off the energy of the crowd they play the songs Jerry Garcia loved. Thus keeping every Tiger Rose experience unique and very “in the moment.”
 #105339  by waldo041
 Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:33 am
i say this in total jest, but why didn't the new guy get the black shirt memo? LOL

keep on truckin!

peace,
waldo
 #105340  by rugger
 Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:53 am
i say this in total jest, but why didn't the new guy get the black shirt memo? LOL

keep on truckin!
** sung** Which of these things is not like the other? Which of these things doesn't belong?

I have to say that I'm jealous. I would love to play with such seasoned musicians...back to my hole I guess.

John in San Diego