When it doesn't fit anywhere else
 #104750  by vwjodyme

I secured EZWND for my motorcycle (EZWIND & GDTRFB were taken).

Anyone have any other good ones?

The GF said I thought these were for the truck when I got them back...so i guess that leaves the door open :-)
She already turned down DRKSTR and BLKPTR (the truck is black)
 #104753  by strumminsix

vwjodyme wrote:DRKSTR
Dorkster?

:lol:

Nope, I am a regular license plate + no stickers = no affiliation sorta guy!
 #104754  by vwjodyme

strumminsix wrote: Nope, I am a regular license plate + no stickers = no affiliation sorta guy!
That's how I used to be -incog- with my vehicles, but now that i am incog with my appearence (cleancut and regular cloths) i like the idea. Plus EZWND isn't the most obvious like TRUKIN or something, and it has a duel meaning since it's on a bike (kinda :lol: )
 #104828  by ugly rumor

My girlfriend had WARFRAT for ten years, but since moving to Colorado, she's low key now. Quixote's on Larimer in Denver has a collection on the ceiling. If I get that way, I'll post a pic.
 #105166  by tiffcheese

I love customizing my car with stuff that makes me happy and keeps me in line.
Just peeled of a dancing bear that had seen better days, but still remaining: Vanity plate that says PGROOV for the Athens GA band that stole my heart years ago, orginial rainbow Phish sticker, "Be Creative" "Support organic farmers" "Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty", and now I've got a horse jumping magnet, and a sticker of Zenyatta, my favorite thoroughbred racehorse! I want to hug my car everytime I go up to it

eta: favorite dead-related plates I've seen: WALSTIB (long strange trip), GDTRFB. I forget what else.
 #105180  by hogan

"BUSTME" and "DRUGZ"
 #105181  by tigerstrat

My favorite is local to Portland, seen outside a few of our shows: "EEP HOUR"
 #105186  by vwjodyme

hogan wrote:"BUSTME" and "DRUGZ"
wasn't there a sit com where they guy had DUIGUY...maybe the simpsons? :lol:
 #105244  by jeffm725

haha, It's actually sad, because it is true. You are asking for it by decking out your car. Quite a few years back there was a case on the New Jersey Turnpike of Deadheads getting pulled over and searched (and busted because they were holding). They had money and hired a good lawyer who took the case to state supreme court saying that there was no probable cause to search his clients vehicle so any resulting findings by the officers should be inadmissible.

Incredibly the Court ruled that Grateful Dead Stickers on your vehicle was sufficient probable cause for New Jersey Police to search you.
 #105247  by vwjodyme

jeffm725 wrote:

haha, It's actually sad, because it is true. You are asking for it by decking out your car. Quite a few years back there was a case on the New Jersey Turnpike of Deadheads getting pulled over and searched (and busted because they were holding). They had money and hired a good lawyer who took the case to state supreme court saying that there was no probable cause to search his clients vehicle so any resulting findings by the officers should be inadmissible.

Incredibly the Court ruled that Grateful Dead Stickers on your vehicle was sufficient probable cause for New Jersey Police to search you.
I also remember (maybe a rumor?) on tour that if you had more than 3 dead stickers when traveling through texas it was probable cause...a lot of people would avoid texas.
fortunately for me the only thing I hold these days is the equivalent of a traffic ticket in these parts and hopefully soon will be allowed for medical.
anyone holding anything in a car full of of stickers with GRTFL on the plate is not so smart in the first place
 #105262  by gr8fulbluz

jeffm725 wrote: . . .
Ho, back in early 80s I traveled the NJ turnpike about 4-5 times a year. I got pulled over twice for no real reason. Once for tint on the windows a Florida registered vehicle totally legal. And once because i looked sleepy? I had only been driving about 2 hours. No tickets were ever issued. Copper just had a look around. I always wondered.
I didnt have a ton of stickers. maybe 5 or 6. If i recall, for sure only one that said grateful dead, the stained glass one? Maybe a sleleton and roses as well as a cats under the stars, nothing flashy.

Oh and i never had anything anyone would care about, 'cept a bunch of live GD cassettes. That car did go to a lot of shows until about 93. I loved that car and the stickers it had on it.

As well, I used to take pictures of GD vanity plates on tour. I do have about 50 or so somewhere. I do not know where they are now. Some of my favorites were, ALYG8R, TEN JED. I loved them.
 #105265  by Octal

jeffm725 wrote:

I have a feeling that the court ruled that if one has drugs, one has drugs. It's pretty difficult ex post facto to say you were allowed to have drugs because you didn't look like you should have drugs. The Grateful Dead has become popular enough to have transcended drugs, even though it is still closely associated.

I don't wear tie-dye or anything of the sort. I have a slightly odd fedora hat, shoulder (or longer) length hair, and a beard--not like any of this is any means to prove anything. But I try to keep as low a profile as possible to avoid any sort of association.