rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

When it doesn't fit anywhere else
 #104560  by JamminJommy
 Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:23 pm
... appear to have shared the stage? Check out this video at 1:40. Anyone have a date for that show?

Also! A bonus look at Phil's Clayton picks at 4:38 on the left of the screen!

Anyone know when that Bruce show was? I would love to hear it.

Peace,

Jommy
 #104562  by tigerstrat
 Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:29 pm
12/10/89 Great Western Forum, L.A., last night of three; Bruce was one of the guests, which also included Spencer Davis. IWT! :cool:

At the time nobody thought that much about it, but kinda eerie now to see them sitting side by side like that.
 #104570  by Cmnaround
 Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:21 pm
Also June 1988 summer tour in buckeye lake Ohio - Bruce played accordion during sugaree - can't remember exact date but was an awesome show and great tour - I think buckeye was the first time he sat in
 #104578  by tigerstrat
 Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:47 pm
Cmnaround wrote:Also June 1988 summer tour in buckeye lake Ohio - Bruce played accordion during sugaree - can't remember exact date but was an awesome show and great tour - I think buckeye was the first time he sat in
IWT too! 6/25/88- actually kind of a pale overall show, coming right after the fantastic 4-night Alpine run... However, I believe 12/10/89 was the only time he sat in behind the keyboards with Brent .
 #104713  by Tennessee Jedi
 Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:59 am
tigerstrat wrote:
Cmnaround wrote:Also June 1988 summer tour in buckeye lake Ohio - Bruce played accordion during sugaree - can't remember exact date but was an awesome show and great tour - I think buckeye was the first time he sat in
IWT too! 6/25/88- actually kind of a pale overall show, coming right after the fantastic 4-night Alpine run... However, I believe 12/10/89 was the only time he sat in behind the keyboards with Brent .
Me too - Jerry said something about bringing out an old friend or something .... I never even had heard of hm or his band that opened up ...
The Sugaree is the only tune I remember ....
The Alpine run was pretty good .... that was the 'Black Bird' butcher run , right ?
:smile:
 #104719  by tigerstrat
 Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:34 pm
Tennessee Jedi wrote: The Alpine run was pretty good .... that was the 'Black Bird' butcher run , right ?
:smile:
Yeah, kinda close but no cigar , but the rest of the show RULED. It was all the more gratifying to see them nail Blackbird at the Greek a month later.