rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

When it doesn't fit anywhere else
 #102792  by jkstraw
 Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:30 am
Has anyone had the chance to play through the new AxeFX II yet.

Would really like to know if anyone has had the chance to dial in some Jerry tones.

I am on the waiting list and one click away from allowing my GAS win out over common sense and patience (i.e. spending money to skip the list and buy immediately).
 #103045  by jkstraw
 Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:53 am
GAS won out - I received the unit last night and have a pretty decent Jerry tone going already. Going to be dialing in some of the effects over the next few nights :-)
 #103097  by jkstraw
 Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:27 am
Tennessee Jedi wrote:Post some clips bro
:-)
I'll try man - always try and avoid it given the caliber of players on this forum. I usually just post my stuff up on youtube so I can be lost in the sea of humanity :cool: The Axe FX II was certainly a pleasant surprise (in terms of getting a good tone dialed in quickly!). I'll try and get something up in the next couple weeks and give you a heads up.

Hope your summer is winding down nicely...peace bro :peas:
 #103099  by Tennessee Jedi
 Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:40 am
jkstraw wrote:
I'll try man - always try and avoid it given the caliber of players on this forum.

Hope your summer is winding down nicely...peace bro :peas:
Dude you got it going on ! Your vids are tight !
:hail: :hail: :hail:
That Peggy O vid is sweettttttttt
 #104225  by jkstraw
 Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:49 pm
Tennessee Jedi wrote:Post some clips bro
Probably not what either of us had in mind - no excuses - just lazy. Whipped out my iphone and broadcasted/recorded a little 35 mins session.

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/17808559

Everything (except the last acoustic number) - was with the following:

Ibanez MC300 -> Axe-FX II (cab sims bypassed) -> Mcintosh MC 2105 -> 2 x JBL E-120

Really low volume (kids sleeping above me). I play with my work-in-progress mutron III and distortion (MXR style...more dialed in for an aggressive 80's terrapin jam vibe...not too suitable here).

As winter settles in I will likely have more time to get some better recording done.