lets the rukind.org users talk about their up and coming gigs
 #138433  by mmuller

New venue for us this Friday 4/25. Beautifully restored theater in Peekskill NY. Great show with some Anthem, Workingman's, Beauty, Garcia, Skull, Europe, Wake and Mars. Record versions with plenty of jamming too. Tell a friend. Thanks http://paramounthudsonvalley.com/
 #140551  by mmuller

Compilation videos of our 73-74 show. Huge cast needed to cover all the production that went into Wake of the Flood, Mars Hotel and Compliments. Kicked it off with some Old and in the Way. Thanks for checking them out.
 #140552  by hippieguy1954

You guys sound great! Nice playing all around! Thanks! :smile:
 #140585  by mmuller

my 1st show 73 too! Nassau Coliseum, September. One of the only times they did Let me sing your blues. Very cool to be playing the 73 stuff with my band.
 #140707  by mmuller

Thanks to the RUKINDer that came up and said Hi at our 8/1 Patchogue show. Thanks for coming and giving a shout out. See you next time.
 #140713  by hippieguy1954

mmuller wrote:my 1st show 73 too! Nassau Coliseum, September. One of the only times they did Let me sing your blues. Very cool to be playing the 73 stuff with my band.
Was Watkins Glen for me! Wooohooo! Had been listening to the albums up to that point for 4 or 5 years. Then Europe '72 came out and that was it. I had to see these guys. There was so much amazing (and lots not so amazing) music coming out back then, that when I first heard The Grateful Dead, I was thinking...wow this is really different. I can really relate to this. It's so much more interesting and moving than most everything else I'd heard. Changed my life. :cool:
 #140714  by FrettyBoy

Mark,

Pretty spectacular readings on all that you and the band do. Thanks for keeping the music alive and well.

My 1st show was 73 in Providence...I saw Sing Your Blues Away as well! Second set included Doug Sahm's horn section.

Yes, certainly a life changing moment.
 #140718  by PaulJay

Hey Mark, Thanks for the great show at 89 North. I took a couple videos . I'll post them soon. ,Paul
 #140743  by mmuller

Thanks for posting. Yea, Jason Crosby playing trumpet. Ha! Sorry couldn't speak after as I was striking all the gear so the band after us could get on. Do you have a vid of Jack Straw? One of my favs to play. See you next time. Come to Suffolk Theater 9/5 for our Workingman's Beauty show.
 #140745  by PaulJay

Jason is a great multi-insrtrumentalist. Glad he was there. Sorry I didn't get Jack Straw. Hope to see you guys at Suffolk Theatre.
 #141609  by mmuller

Working on our October shows, where we'll be taking what we've learned in the last 4 years of doing the Dead note for note, and applying it to an evening of total improv and Grateful jamming, based on their final run of shows before their touring hiatus, Winterland Ballroom Oct 1974 (as seen and heard on the Grateful Dead Movie and Steal Your Face). Check our site for dates and info. Tell a friend! Special guests sure to pop up, as well as a modern-day recreation of the Dead's infamous Wall of Sound, by Asbury Audio's Jason Dermer for our Halloween show at the Paramount Theater in Asbury Park, Friday October 31! Not to be missed! www.deadonlive.com
 #141704  by mmuller

Looks like we'll be joined for some double drumming for our upcoming show at Sellersville Theater, Saturday 10/4 by John Morgan Kimock for our Winterland Oct 74 show. Here's a nice Eyes from when I got to play with he and his father Steve, along with Andy Hess, Henry Butler and Donna Jean!
 #142365  by mmuller

Check out the nice rig I get to use for our big Halloween Wall of Sound Winterland 74 show at the Paramount Theater in Asbury Park on 10/31. Big thanks to Leo of Scarlet Fire Guitars, Wolf owner Richie and Jim and Lou at Louis Electric amps. This combo is instant "Jerry". Thanks all for the excellent hook up. http://scarletfireguitars.org/wolf/
http://louiselectricamps.com/guitar-amp ... Ee9YdK-06Z
 #142581  by mmuller

Nice room recording from Taper Dan of our Halloween Wall of Sound show. I'm using one of Leo's Scarlet Fire Wolfs (74 single coil version) and a Louis Electric "Captain Trips" guitar rig, complete with a Macintosh 2300 power amp through 4 JBL K 120's.
https://archive.org/details/deadonlive2 ... epper.flac
Enjoy. Nice Suzy Perler pictures to come soon.