lets the rukind.org users talk about their up and coming gigs
 #97535  by CoolBreeze

VERY nice stuff- and actually the aud/video of the flip isn't too bad! Thanks for sharing! Love the Bobby-glassy sound!
 #97539  by Billbbill

JonnyBoy wrote:I love it. MK that is awesome stuff, very thought out, for all the pondering you have an awesome tone/performance. Bill sounds great as usual! The whole band top notch!! I think its awesome to hear everyone's bands, we all work so hard at it.... It is nice to see the final products. Well done boys and girls!!!! I am loving it!! :peas:
Thanks a bunch JB! This site has brought so many talented bands and musicians together! That alone is very inspiring. :hail:
CoolBreeze wrote:VERY nice stuff- and actually the aud/video of the flip isn't too bad! Thanks for sharing! Love the Bobby-glassy sound!
The flip actually did do a pretty good job - if you select the 720p setting in the vid, while it will take longer to load it's not bad video or audio. I had it on a tripod on the bar so it was pretty high up which cut both ways. The audio for the vid actually has less chatter from the crowd than the zoom did as it was higher up - I had to tilt the cam down a bit as the stage right PA main is just above the frame - inadvertently, as no one was in the frame when I set it up, cut off half of my head, bass Greg from the torso up and the 2 drummers heads! :roll:

I guess I'd rather have what we got than all of us in the frame and too much chatter on the audio. Next time we'll switch it around - have the zoom real high and the vid lower and patch the zoom audio to the vid.
 #97576  by JonnyBoy

Yhea, there is a learning curve with all this Pete, The first few recordings we did came out horrible. The Flip works pretty good for vids though... Going Direct is great if you play places you can get a good mix of everyone direct... Or set up a separate board with a perfect mix of all instruments close mic'd that doesn't go into the mains... I think we are going to try that now that we have 2 boards... It would be great to have everyone on their own mix that can be changed after the fact too... you need to have a multi-track input recorder to do that. God, GAS doesn't end.

How are you guys gonna get the direct feed?
 #97604  by Billbbill

JonnyBoy wrote:Yhea, there is a learning curve with all this Pete, The first few recordings we did came out horrible. The Flip works pretty good for vids though... Going Direct is great if you play places you can get a good mix of everyone direct... Or set up a separate board with a perfect mix of all instruments close mic'd that doesn't go into the mains... I think we are going to try that now that we have 2 boards... It would be great to have everyone on their own mix that can be changed after the fact too... you need to have a multi-track input recorder to do that. God, GAS doesn't end.

How are you guys gonna get the direct feed?
who you talking to here jb? Don't think pete's commented in this thread -

<with my best mafia voice I can muster> 'You talkin to me?' :-)