rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

lets the rukind.org users talk about their up and coming gigs
 #96119  by tapestry
 Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:31 am
I really want to make this happen.

There are some great venues that I have access to in Upstate NY and a wonderful B&B with camping owned by a prankster near woodstock NY and a friend of mine owns yasgurs farm! (yes, yasgurs farm in woodstock)

Keep ideas flowing, if we start small this year, we can always kick it up a notch.

I would love to meet all of you and be able to look at gear, try new stuff, jam and hang out. :D
 #96121  by Tennessee Jedi
 Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:39 am
tapestry wrote:I really want to make this happen.

There are some great venues that I have access to in Upstate NY and a wonderful B&B with camping owned by a prankster near woodstock NY and a friend of mine owns yasgurs farm! (yes, yasgurs farm in woodstock)

Keep ideas flowing, if we start small this year, we can always kick it up a notch.

I would love to meet all of you and be able to look at gear, try new stuff, jam and hang out. :D
Sounds great !
I like this idea a ton
:D
 #96138  by JonnyBoy
 Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:19 pm
Sooo, no one likes alligator wrestling, that's OK.

I think the idea with having the host of jerry guitarists having a shot to play a song in front of a good band,,, everyone can sign up for one song if they are not in the band playing... Everyone bring a covered dish, we can share recipes! It would be driving for me an VA would be the farthest I could travel that way, but yes, a reasonable airport would have reasonable fares. Maybe have it in a part of the country that is KILLER to visit to and we can do our share helping our country's tourism fair, Gulf Coast? last time I was there there is NO OIL on beaches BTW, I have to say BP did well no screwing that up at least. Atlanta, Denver and Houston have huge airports as well as Chicago, Boston, LA and New york. So much to decide...
how big is your backyard?
Priceless :lol:
 #96161  by hogan
 Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:05 pm
I'd go, but only to heckle, be heckled and start a marshmallow war to end all marshmallow wars.
 #96162  by tcsned
 Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:08 pm
Pete B. wrote:Anyone for Penns Peak?
That sounds like a reasonable middle ground for the East Coasters there's a lot of Pennsyltuckians on this board too. Of course, Floydfest is only 45 minutes from home so that gets my vote :D