rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

#58054  by tigerstrat
 Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:34 am
Haven't heard this show yet, but I'm a huge fan of the following night!! 16 minute Dancin' looks like fun. Obviously tragedy surrounds this date in music history- I wonder if they got the news before or after the show.
 #58056  by jonarobb
 Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:46 am
tigerstrat wrote:Haven't heard this show yet, but I'm a huge fan of the following night!! 16 minute Dancin' looks like fun. Obviously tragedy surrounds this date in music history- I wonder if they got the news before or after the show.
Jerry seems unusually ornery this show. He kills Black Peter in the middle of the bridge, and during another jam in the electric set you can hear him cursing Billy out.
 #58057  by Tennessee Jedi
 Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:01 am
tigerstrat wrote:Haven't heard this show yet, but I'm a huge fan of the following night!! 16 minute Dancin' looks like fun. Obviously tragedy surrounds this date in music history- I wonder if they got the news before or after the show.
 #58081  by GratefulPat
 Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:47 pm
ya the truckin is great... but that st stephen woooooooooooooooooooh smokin :cool: first minute is insane, especially when jerry hits the high note after the first 4 runs through the basic intro... wow
 #58119  by Chuckles
 Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:40 am
Good stuff, but that Black Peter is absolutely buzz-crushed by Bobby's out of tune D string (I assume... unless he was using the "cheater", which could have been the problem to begin with). Then again, it's a really clear recording that highlights his rhythm chops.

Such is the Catch-22 that is Bobby!
:shock:

Nice find J!