#108196  by jkstraw

I have wondered this a few times over the years and was wondering if anyone here has done this, is doing it or knows of resources?

I have the majority of shows from 1965 - 1990 - approaching 2500 shows and 270 GB.....all in MP3. Hind sight being 20/20 I sure wish I had all of those in FLAC or SHN :?

I'd love to find some person or place that would be willing to take delivery of large capacity HDD and fill 'er up. In turn of course playing it forward for others.

Anyway just putting it out there - of course if anyone is interested in MP3s - I am only a PM away if you want to set something up :smile:
 #108198  by gr8fullfred

This is the way that modern "tape traders" do it. You send your buddy a 1TB drive, and he fills it up with more goodies than you could imagine. Other friends of mine will load up a copy of their Itunes library and you can just sync that to your ipod. Done all the time,Fred
 #108207  by Gr8fulGreg

or you can torrent them yourself from thepiratebay.org or kickasstorrents.com they have whole years at a time you can download
 #110845  by wolftigerrosebud

those normal torrent sites are no good... what you want is sites like shnflac, which is hard as balls to get a membership to. or it was for me. that and the various etrees and workingman's tracker and (if you can manage it -- it's even harder to get into than shnflac) a What.CD membership. i use 'em all, i never use pirate bay or the public sites anymore. demonoid for software. the public sites have a lot of viruses and inferior file quality ("imperfect" FLACS, lack of information, lack of community to request reseeds).