rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

Sell and buy at your own risk...
 #89951  by Chuckles
 Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:15 am
Not everyone wants a Garcia clone, nor does everyone need one. Take a look at what Kadlecik, Mattson and Allen are playing. Or, Vic's new Walker. Or Tigerstrats... well, Tiger Strat. Or the many guys playing Ibbys. I think the exact knock-off copy thing is highly overrated, especially as cosmetics are concerned. I couldn't be more pleased with my Post build that gives a nod to Bolt (and me being one to rail against Jerry's tone during the Bole era! :shock: )

That said, not sure why he went with the Duncans and the Dimarzio only in the middle. I'll ask him when he brings my Ibby back to me this week (I hope).
 #90181  by keirweir
 Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:39 pm
Not everyone wants a Garcia clone, nor does everyone need one. Take a look at what Kadlecik, Mattson and Allen are playing. Or, Vic's new Walker. Or Tigerstrats... well, Tiger Strat. Or the many guys playing Ibbys. I think the exact knock-off copy thing is highly overrated, especially as cosmetics are concerned. I couldn't be more pleased with my Post build that gives a nod to Bolt (and me being one to rail against Jerry's tone during the Bole era! :shock: )
Totally! Thats why I went with the Eagle shape. However, at the end of the day its all about what the customer wants. A fine guitar is a fine guitar and Post's guitars are very cool.
 #90184  by Pete B.
 Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:13 pm
seamones wrote:Anyone played his semi hollow?
'Haven't played a Post yet, but I saw this pic on his ebay link: