rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

Sell and buy at your own risk...
 #88017  by hogan
 Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:16 pm
if it isn't a scam and/or totally unplayable, that is quite a steal.
 #88019  by gdrfk1990
 Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:51 pm
This does seem almost too good to be true and weren't the auctions of wolf and tiger years ago the add says recent auctions etc. I put together my tiger type guitar with no extra work done by anyone else, no buffer, stew mac electronics, I used a single coil I had laying around, and no brass yet for $700 it would seem tough to even build this guitar for under $1500. I also got my cocobolo for a steel at $72 FOR 2 BOOKMATCHED SETS.
 #88020  by Tennessee Jedi
 Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:55 pm
I remember something about this guitar - dont remember what exactly - someone got this and didnt like how it was dressed or the electronics were messed .... I remember a thread from like 6 months ago or something ...
Its a Phiga guitar
http://www.philgawen.com/phigaguitars.htm
 #88021  by hogan
 Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:00 pm
Phiga doesn't charge that much for his guitars anyway, so I guess $1700 isn't that big of a deal. His guitars seem to come w/ their share of horror stories so $1700 might be too much. The wolf guitar auction the seller is talking about is for another phiga.
 #88851  by Chinarider1A
 Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:41 am
hogan wrote:Phiga doesn't charge that much for his guitars anyway, so I guess $1700 isn't that big of a deal. His guitars seem to come w/ their share of horror stories so $1700 might be too much. The wolf guitar auction the seller is talking about is for another phiga.
Looks like its gone...just curious, what were/are the issues with Phiga guitars?