rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

Sell and buy at your own risk...
 #78566  by jackr
 Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:01 pm
Ok, I have the guitar up on ebay. If anyone wants it or knows someone who may be interested please let me know. It is a great guitar. Being in the guitar business is a blessing and a curse. Its a great guitar and I hate to part with it. But my deal with Pat is to sell guitars for him so here goes my first one.

(BTW Rukinders please ignore the price)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :MESELX:IT
 #78600  by jackr
 Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:24 pm
I had to make those pics smaller so that they would be ok for the web. I have even larger, closer pics if anyone wants to see something in particular I can email them. There is dust on the bridge and pickups I couldnt see until I looked at the photos. It looked clean with my old eyes!
 #78609  by jefkahn
 Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:43 pm
Beautiful guitar!
 #78662  by jackr
 Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:48 am
keirweir wrote:I would LOVE to play that. Pat told me his that Strat has a Strat tone with Les Paul sustain.
Yep, he angled the head stock and it has that volute so the sustain is really nice. The pickups are great as well.
 #78736  by keirweir
 Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:24 am
jackr wrote:
keirweir wrote:I would LOVE to play that. Pat told me his that Strat has a Strat tone with Les Paul sustain.
Yep, he angled the head stock and it has that volute so the sustain is really nice. The pickups are great as well.

I was talking to Pat about my strat (because it looks similar to the one you have). He recommended those PU's... I am seriously chomping at the bit to have him finish my guitar. I CAN'T WAIT.... :twisted:
 #78751  by jackr
 Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:44 am
keirweir wrote:

I was talking to Pat about my strat (because it looks similar to the one you have). He recommended those PU's... I am seriously chomping at the bit to have him finish my guitar. I CAN'T WAIT.... :twisted:
Those pickups are so quiet too. You can put it at any position and no hum. They are made buy a guy in Australia.

When is your strat going to be done?