rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

Sell and buy at your own risk...
 #75947  by softmachine72
 Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:25 am
I'm a long time dead head and builder. I have a wolf replica NEARING COMPLETION at a fair price. any body interested?
 #75962  by hogan
 Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:10 am
 #75969  by Rusty the Scoob
 Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:46 am
Ah, good, welcome back!

You'll have to either resize them to below 255k, or better yet upload them to a free hosting service like Photobucket and link them here - either send us a link to the album or better yet find the URL for each image, hit the "Img" button above a posting window, and paste the URL in between the two tags like so: ['img]picture's_url_goes_here[/'img]

And tell us a little bit about yourself, please! We're a friendly bunch and like to talk shop with either pro or hobby luthiers.
 #75977  by softmachine72
 Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:22 am
i have the other half but i had a nasty knot on the horn that appeared when i started carving. need to re- glue a new top . One thing i've noticed about a lot of tiger replicas is a deficiency in the top carving. I pride myself on the most accurate top carving possible. I hand carve all of my tops. I was so close to finishing the wolf I put the tiger away for a while. i have to start spraying the wolf and in between i'll be working on a new rosebud and the tiger.
 #75978  by jdsmodulus
 Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:51 am
I like the looks of these, I too would like to talk Tiger! I have been waiting for another builder to get one ready but I wouldnt mind one with NO electronics installed. Just a thought. PM me for prices if you want to talk about it. Nice work! :cool:
 #78201  by JonnyBoy
 Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:53 am
I like the detail of the carved front, a warmoth body is flat on top, and so are many other reasonably priced copies. Good detail. :cool: