Sell and buy at your own risk...
 #71207  by jdsmodulus

Well after a long strange trip Im taking offers on my Garcia Rig!
the whole thing comes down to need and want. Going Digital!
clone 90s rig.
Furman RR
Korg tuner
RT Reverb
GT Trio (was Playingdeads)
ADA 2fx/DM2(was Waldos)
GCX/Ground Control
Waldo OBEL interface
BOSS OCT<OD2R>EQ
Haz Mutron
Crown 402
hell even the 3 space rack drawer and rack shelf (new) 16 space road case w/casters
all the custom Belden Neutrix cables as well
MIDI rig to follow!
P.S. I worked long and hard to obtain this and all except RT Reverb are 100% functional
RT Reverb channel 1 output 500k is scratchy but for this application its set and forget.
 #71210  by hogan

Vic posts another show and another one bites the dust. Coincidence?

HI-LARRY-US
 #71213  by jdsmodulus

It may seem that way but it was a coincidence. It really is a hard desicion to make.
 #71215  by hogan

I was totally kidding. It may seem like a tough decision but in hindsight you may find it's not much of a big deal after all. I don't know what you're moving onto, but after one gig w/ my new rig I sure as shit had no interest in going back to my old one. For me that's saying a lot. I'd built lots of tube amps, analog fxs etc and that was my mindset.
If you hate the new rig, sell it and you will have all the $ to re-acquire the old stuff.
 #71216  by strumminsix

Which digital rig, JD? You are welcome to come over to my place to play on the ElevenRack.

Why aren't your speakers and cabinets for sale?

If you are truly going digital you want a powered monitor, IMO. This whole I'll run one send to my poweramp & _x12 and another to the SBD thing rarely lasts long for 2 reasons: 1 - it's tough to maintain a great feed to 2 different types of sources with 2 different types of speakers (guitar poweramp & guitar speakers vs. SBD pre and FRFR speakers) and 2 - because you need to break the habit of your sound coming from your back since FRFR sounds like crap at your back and you need it in front with the monitors.

Might I suggest 1 little thing - as you sell and consider your new rig contemplate something like a Deluxe Reverb Re-Issue which is supposed to be the best of the RIs.
 #71217  by jdsmodulus

Im keeping the cabs and speakers for now. I plan on using powered speaker cab. I will have both a digital rig and an amp cab setup for different apps. I would like to try your 11rack one of these days. thanks
 #71218  by strumminsix

jdsmodulus wrote:Im keeping the cabs and speakers for now. I plan on using powered speaker cab. I will have both a digital rig and an amp cab setup for different apps. I would like to try your 11rack one of these days. thanks
What type of "powered speaker cab"? While JBLs were used as PA speakers they will not sound like what is coming from a PA.
 #71227  by High Peaks

For my needs the digital way was the way to go. It is light, can get a more diverse range of tones and its economical.I use a FRFR monitor behind me running in an unbalanced signal and the FOH runs in stereo with L/R stereo's.

Its also consistent from gig to gig, no matter what the application.

I can send a balanced signal to FOH with the full patch, cab sim included to get the full range thing going out front, with a full range monitor behind me.

I could send the signal to the FOH and use a power amp and 2 x 12 E120 cab for outdoor venues. All I have to do is set the patch up for the second output to bypass the cab sim and go to the power amp. That way the FOH sound is right and the 2 x 12 cab isn't muddy.
 #71229  by strumminsix

HP - how's the FRFR working behind you? I did not like that at all. In fact when I put my monitor up front my bandmates loved it. They said the heard me a lot better with less volume.

BTW, I do something similar - main output (XLR) on my 11R to my personal monitor then a 1/4 Aux type send to the board. If a short run unbalanced or run it into a DI for longer runs.
 #71235  by High Peaks

I do get most of my stage volume from the vocal/FOH monitor right in front of me. The FRFR i keep behind me(1 x 12 w/horn) I keep on lower volume than the main mix. For me its just a matter of habit. I'm so used to sound coming from behind me.
I really like using the power amp with 2 x 12 cab with it for stand alone gigs with no soundman or full range PA.
I have the Mackie powered monitor, so I'm disapointed with it personally. I should have spent the extra $200 and gotten the QSC K series. That speaker puts out some of the nicest sound I've heard from a FRFR. My buddy has one and I think it blows the JBL comparable model out of the water. I think i would be happier with the FRFR monitor behind me if it was better quality.
 #71241  by strumminsix

High Peaks wrote:I do get most of my stage volume from the vocal/FOH monitor right in front of me. The FRFR i keep behind me(1 x 12 w/horn) I keep on lower volume than the main mix. For me its just a matter of habit. I'm so used to sound coming from behind me.
I really like using the power amp with 2 x 12 cab with it for stand alone gigs with no soundman or full range PA.
I have the Mackie powered monitor, so I'm disapointed with it personally. I should have spent the extra $200 and gotten the QSC K series. That speaker puts out some of the nicest sound I've heard from a FRFR. My buddy has one and I think it blows the JBL comparable model out of the water. I think i would be happier with the FRFR monitor behind me if it was better quality.
I know, I am used to it too. I rehearsed with my Yamaha powered monitor behind me and hated it. Maybe it's my ears since I can play all day with an amp behind me but a few others have noticed it as well.

Those K series are great sounding but my decision was based on the average quality of clubs we play so I opted for the Yamaha.

thanks for the info, dude!
 #71270  by jdsmodulus

Thanks everybody for your replies...I am pretty sure most of what I wanted to sell is sold. I think I'll keep the few pedals that are left. Thanks again JD
 #71271  by jahozer

where are you selling it?
Are you breaking it up?
I am looking for a GCX, a rack, a furman, and possibly the tuner