Why? Thought that was part of your ideal setup?
(BTW, took the UE700 out of my rack!)
mkaufman wrote:My rig has never been simpler or better sounding to my ears:
Ibanez AR500 (with Super 80's) -> BBE Boosta Grande -> Ibanez FL305 -> Silvertone 1474.
- AR500: VERY hard guitar to find as this is the 1st version with Super 80 pups, only made in '79 and part of '80. I use just the bridge pup and in the phase reversal setting. That's the key!
- Boosta Grande - lots of clean boost because the guitar output is very low with phase reversal.
- FL305 - great flanger - it's the Weir late 70's flanger sound (supposedly the same one as the AD230 & UE700 flanger).
- Silvertone: 1962 amp recently rehab'd. Lots of tubes (4x6l6's and more) with 2 original 12" Jensen P12Q speakers.
2 more important components:
- Gruven amp stand - nice 45 degree angle so I can hear myself! http://www.gruven-stands.com/products/?ptag=amp
- I rotate the amp so it's vertical, not horizontal
I'm always tinkering and I still own tons of gear, so things can change, however, I'm very pleased with this setup.