Sell and buy at your own risk...
 #141073  by proshy

Greetings!

Fairly simple: i'm upgrading my rig at home, and i'm in the market for my first mcintosh.

I found a 2120 on ebay that was in good condition but was outbid at the last second for $515. Needless to say, i was a bit sad that i lost the auction. So, I thought i would give it a go here.

I've got a budget of $600 with shipping. Let me know if you have a fully functional and mostly clean 2120. A 2505 or 2105 would be pretty cool too(crossing my fingers).

thanks in advance! :smile:
 #141084  by czyfingers

None of my Macs are for sale, but I will tell you that I have a 2120 and they're very underrated and often forgotten about. They kick ass! But they're also almost 60 lbs. I usually leave the 2120 home and take the mc50 if I'm going the Mac route. All depends on what your plans for it are and how strong your back is. :) good luck brother!
 #141086  by czyfingers

One more thing I'll add....the MC50's are usually available for about 5-6 hundred bucks and are very loud...even driving 2 12's. That's assuming it's in proper working order. Very easy recap job, if needed. Don't count the old 50 out in your quest. They sound so good and weigh less than 20 lbs. just a thought and something I've learned from experience. Haven't had an occasion yet where it was under powered. For the gigs I play.
 #141087  by Searing75

I also use an Mc50, and it cranks!!! :cool: Have not even had to run 2 twelves with it, as one is plenty loud.......even outside! Light, and easy to work on. I got mine for $260 on eBay. I recapped her and put in 1/4 inch input and output. I have it bolted into a shallow SKB 4 space rack with my SMS pre, and it is easily transported, and set up!

P.S. don't get all haired up Waldo, I still like the Carvin as well for a back up. :P

Chris
 #141144  by Jon S.

My MC50 is more than powerful enough for any application (when it's super loud, everything's mic'd anyway). I run mine into a pair of SSP 1X12s with an E120 and a K120.
 #141145  by tcsned

I've got an MC2100 and it is probably overkill for most things I do. I've never used it bridged. But I've seen them go for pretty cheap. I've got one in need of repair that I paid less than $300 for that lasted more than a year before malfunctioning, made it through about 50 gigs.