Sell and buy at your own risk...
 #127160  by armadilla

JBL D120F, Gray frame, gold label, original 21032 paper surround cone. Pulled from a 1967-68 Fender solid state Twin Reverb that came loaded with this original speaker. Rare to find and sounds like it should. $250.00
 #127356  by armadilla

I see lots of lookers but no posts. Ready to deal here and have some great pics of this unit. If you've been thinking about a D120F then this is the one.
 #127359  by Phishfan

Lack of interest may be due to your description of the amp as being a '67-'68 solid state twin, which seems unlikely at first blush. Truth is, Fender did make a solid state twin in that era. Anyways, PM sent.
 #127365  by armadilla

I appreciate your comments Phishfan. Yes, Fender did make solid state amps right after CBS acquired the company. They were horrible amps that were only in the market 2-3 years before being discontinued. The reason I stated the source of the D120F's as a SS Twin was to indicate that they were "mildly used", but I guess that my assumption that readers knew about the SS Fender amps was a mis-calculation.

In any event, the D120F I have for sale is "minty". Still surprised no one has expressed an interest aside from a casual look.
 #127372  by strumminsix

Armadilla, likely little response due to your being new, no photos and no location. Hook us up with some info!

One day I'd love a pair of D's. :smile:
 #127373  by Smolder

strumminsix wrote:Armadilla, likely little response due to your being new, no photos and no location. Hook us up with some info!

One day I'd love a pair of D's. :smile:

...and it's a relatively small community.
 #127394  by armadilla

I have some good pics and tried to upload them to this forum, but received message that forum was not able to accept any more, reached capacity or something. Pics can be found on Craigslist Chicago in musical equip., JBL D120F subject header. Yes, that makes me in Chicago.

Nothing I can do about "being new", just thought this forum was a logical place to look for a buyer. Seems like a lot of interest in JBL's, but mainly K and E series? I once owned a massive sound system loaded with K120's and K140's so can attest to how fine these speakers are. The E's...not sure about, but they are not Alnico for sure. The D120F?.....well, I like it in my Blues Jr. nos tweed, but I guess it's ultimately a matter of taste.
 #127396  by tcsned

armadilla wrote:I have some good pics and tried to upload them to this forum, but received message that forum was not able to accept any more, reached capacity or something. Pics can be found on Craigslist Chicago in musical equip., JBL D120F subject header. Yes, that makes me in Chicago.

Nothing I can do about "being new", just thought this forum was a logical place to look for a buyer. Seems like a lot of interest in JBL's, but mainly K and E series? I once owned a massive sound system loaded with K120's and K140's so can attest to how fine these speakers are. The E's...not sure about, but they are not Alnico for sure. The D120F?.....well, I like it in my Blues Jr. nos tweed, but I guess it's ultimately a matter of taste.
If you can get the pics on the web you can use the "Img" button above and paste the image URL between the brackets.