rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

Sell and buy at your own risk...
 #121938  by GeneralGoldilocks
 Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:37 pm
Don't know is this is coinciding with JBL discontinuing parts on E K D lines or what... supposedly these speakers were owned by jerry and carlos. crazy claim for a speaker to be owned by just one of those guys, never mind both.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200 ... =824&kw=lg
 #121941  by Smolder
 Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:14 pm
A Broun Sound (tone tubby guys) will do a hemp D re-cone for about $150. Blown D or K speakers can go for $50-100, so not too out of line. Kimock recommends and uses the hemp cone in JBL's for high altitude gigs... and I'm living at 8200 foot.
 #122265  by kralltime
 Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:28 am
I picked up one of these "Garcia" speakers from Brown Sound as well - I believe they were affiliated with Tone Tubby. The story from them was that these speakers were part of the original wall of sound... Truth? or an unethical marketing ploy? who knows... I do know that I got a wonderful hemp coned speaker!
 #122278  by Jerry1996x
 Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:51 pm
kralltime wrote:I picked up one of these "Garcia" speakers from Brown Sound as well - I believe they were affiliated with Tone Tubby. The story from them was that these speakers were part of the original wall of sound... Truth? or an unethical marketing ploy? who knows... I do know that I got a wonderful hemp coned speaker!
If they are Es, they were definitely not part of the Wall.