Sell and buy at your own risk...
 #113911  by strumminsix

machinefunk1987 wrote:You need to get a fuckin' life and stay the fuck out of mine, you TROLL!!!
Hunter Harrison

Dude, chill. This site doesn't need that type of negativity.

Furthermore, you came to a site where he is well established to pick a fight. That's highest on troll-o-meter
 #113914  by hippieguy1954

strumminsix wrote:
machinefunk1987 wrote:You need to get a fuckin' life and stay the fuck out of mine, you TROLL!!!
Hunter Harrison

Furthermore, you came to a site where he is well established to pick a fight. That's highest on troll-o-meter
The man is dying, you moron!! Ya can't expect him to be nice all the time. Some people can and some can't, when they are dying! He apologized once!
Maybe he doesn't appreciate some one's opinion of how they know much better than him about how he should format his ad! Give him a break!

Also, how well a person is established in a forum has no bearing on anything except to suck ups! :smile: :smile: :smile:
 #113916  by zoooombiex

hippieguy1954 wrote:The man is dying, you moron!! Ya can't expect him to be nice all the time. Some people can and some can't, when they are dying! He apologized once!
Maybe he doesn't appreciate some one's opinion of how they know much better than him about how he should format his ad! Give him a break!

Also, how well a person is established in a forum has no bearing on anything except to suck ups! :smile: :smile: :smile:
Are you the lower-case alter ego of machinefunk1987? Because you're missing the same point as him.

I offered a friendly suggestion about how to HELP the guy sell his guitar, and he shoves it back down my throat via email and now on here. I left it alone until he told me "to get a fuckin' life and stay the fuck out of mine, you TROLL!!!" That's completely uncalled for.

Also - he's not dying. He said "my Stage IV Colon Cancer is in remission." The people I've met who have undergone successful cancer treatments have had a very different attitude than this guy.

As an aside, your signature says "speak kindly." I'm not sure how that motto fits in with calling someone a moron.
 #113919  by hippieguy1954

zoooombiex wrote:
hippieguy1954 wrote:The man is dying, you moron!! Ya can't expect him to be nice all the time. Some people can and some can't, when they are dying! He apologized once!

Are you the lower-case alter ego of machinefunk1987? Because you're missing the same point as him.

I offered a friendly suggestion about how to HELP the guy sell his guitar, and he shoves it back down my throat via email and now on here. I left it alone until he told me "to get a fuckin' life and stay the fuck out of mine, you TROLL!!!" There's no need for that.

Also - he's not dying. He said "my Stage IV Colon Cancer is in remission." The people I've met who have undergone successful cancer treatments have had a very different attitude than this guy.

As an aside, your signature says "speak kindly." I'm not sure how that motto fits in with calling someone a moron.

And as another aside -- "He apologized once". Really? I must have missed that. Was it before or after he called me a troll and told me to fuck off?
Granted: I should have called strumminsix a knuckle head instead of a moron and that would have been kind, in this situation. I'm usually not a name caller. I apologize for slackin. Also, I'll go back when I have more time and find the "I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings" or something like that. Im sure I read it. I'll find it.
I don't know this man from adam! I just clicked on the original link that was posted. The first thing that popped into my head was getting him here and spread the word about his illness, not trying to start telling him how to sell his guitar. That is because,

Everyone is different. Everyone sees and feels everything different.
Everyone is an Individual.
Everyone reacsts to everything differently.
Especially illness and dying from illness when you are not ready or any tradegy.
You can't tell a human how to feel or react. That is you. Not them/him.
As far as he is concerned, he is dying. He knows the satistics. That is him. Not you. That is how he feels about it and you certainly can't falt him for that.
You can't change that no matter how much you feel you know better or can rationalize it better or want to control (if that is the cast..although I doubt it).

Of course, to you, as well as myself and many others, your friendly advice was just that. Maybe with a slight twinge of "let me tell you how to make it better" motivation.

He did not take it that way! He became angry. I'm sure he didn't enjoy that. It sucks for him a lot more than you or us.
So, what do a few of you guys do? Reprimand him and ridicule him. Wow, I don’t know man. It doesn’t work for me. "the angry crowd" mentality is lurking there.

I'm sure there is some minor point or induendo I'm missing here, I always do, but you are missing the big point. :smile: :smile: :smile:
 #113924  by zoooombiex

hippieguy1954 wrote:I'll go back when I have more time and find the "I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings" or something like that. Im sure I read it. I'll find it.
He did say that, and went on in the same post to tell me "to get a fuckin' life and stay the fuck out of mine, you TROLL!!!" Is that the apology you were thinking of?
I don't know this man from adam! I just clicked on the original link that was posted. The first thing that popped into my head was getting him here and spread the word about his illness, not trying to start telling him how to sell his guitar.
The first thing I thought of when I saw the ad was - "that's sad, how can I help this guy?" Since I'm not in the market to buy it, I at least tried to give him an idea to spruce up the ad to make it more attractive to buyers. Heck, I even threw in some more ideas after he called me a troll. All very simple, basic marketing stuff. It's fine with me if he doesn't want to use those ideas. But isn't that the point in getting him to set up on this site - to help him out? I just don't understand getting angry at someone trying to help. That's the "big point"
That is because,

Especially illness and dying from illness when you are not ready or any tradegy.
As far as he is concerned, he is dying. He knows the satistics. That is him. Not you. That is how he feels about it and you certainly can't falt him for that.
You can't change that no matter how much you feel you know better or can rationalize it better or want to control (if that is the cast..although I doubt it).
If you "don't know this man from adam," you're just speculating about his feelings and motivations like those who you are criticizing.
Of course, to you, as well as myself and many others, your friendly advice was just that. Maybe with a slight twinge of "let me tell you how to make it better" motivation.
Now you're speculating on my motivation too.
He did not take it that way! He became angry. I'm sure he didn't enjoy that. It sucks for him a lot more than you or us.
So, what do a few of you guys do? Reprimand him and ridicule him. Wow, I don’t know man. It doesn’t work for me. "the angry crowd" mentality is lurking there.
Actually, when he posted his introduction, everyone was very positive and welcoming. Then he randomly lashed out, and that's what people reacted to.
I'm sure there is some minor point or induendo I'm missing here, I always do, but you are missing the big point. :smile: :smile: :smile:
See above.

BTW, putting smilies at the end of a rude post doesn't make it not-rude (which seems to be a trademark of yours)... Just like starting a post with "Sorry" doesn't make it an apology when it ends with calling the person a troll.
Last edited by zoooombiex on Mon May 14, 2012 9:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 #113937  by hippieguy1954

zoooombiex wrote:
hippieguy1954 wrote:I'll go back when I have more time and find the "I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings" or something like that. Im sure I read it. I'll find it.
He did say that, and went on in the same post to tell me "to get a fuckin' life and stay the fuck out of mine, you TROLL!!!" Is that the apology you were thinking of?
I don't know this man from adam! I just clicked on the original link that was posted. The first thing that popped into my head was getting him here and spread the word about his illness, not trying to start telling him how to sell his guitar.
The first thing I thought of when I saw the ad was - "that's sad, how can I help this guy?" Since I'm not in the market to buy it, I at least tried to give him an idea to spruce up the ad to make it more attractive to buyers. Heck, I even threw in some more ideas after he called me a troll. All very simple, basic marketing stuff. It's fine with me if he doesn't want to use those ideas. But isn't that the point in getting him to set up on this site - to help him out? I just don't understand getting angry at someone trying to help. That's the "big point"
That is because,

If you "don't know this man from adam," you're just speculating about his feelings and motivations like those who you are criticizing.
Now you're speculating on my motivation too.
Actually, when he posted his introduction, everyone was very positive and welcoming. Then he randomly lashed out, and that's what people reacted to.
See above.

BTW, putting smilies at the end of a rude post doesn't make it not-rude (which seems to be a trademark of yours)... Just like starting a post with "Sorry" doesn't make it an apology when it ends with calling the person a troll.
I'm not speculating about his feelings. They are obvious.

I am speculating about your motivation because you are angry and not accepting his anger due to his situation. You are not being genuin. You are being very self centered.

Yes, he lashed out because he doesn't know what else to do, but he did apologize. That wasn't good enough for your ego? Understand that. Don't criticize it. He probably feels terrible about it and his situation and reacted poorly. He needs understanding, not ridicule.

You still don't get it, do you? And you only addressed the things in my post that bother your ego! Nothing about the point I made or the positive things I said. No, because you don't get it and you just want to be right!

I learned many many years ago, that people who can have heated discussions, be diplomatic, and still carry on being friends are the people I personally associate with. Not egocentric people who act like little boys when they don't get their way and only criticize peoples flaws reguardless of their situation.
What you call the "big point" is only your hurt feelings...nothing to do with his situation. How self centered can you get?

Finally, I put smile smile smile after every post (reguardless of anything) and I'm sorry if your ego can't handle it. It's just smiles (wont hurt or bite you), because when all is said and done and at the end of the day, I love everyone here! We have a very special connection, and most times it's true that there is nothin left to do, but..you know the rest! You are no better or more deserving of respect that onyone else. It's not about you. It is about him. Put your ego in the closet for now, please. Get it now???????
:smile: :smile: :smile:
 #113938  by hippieguy1954

One more post and I'm done with this.

How anyone cannot understand a person acting or speaking irrational when in a bad, life threatining situationan, is very sad.

When people care more about their own ego and feelings than they do about a person in need, is very sad.

I still love ya all, anyway. So, I'll try to :smile: :smile: :smile:
 #113939  by hippieguy1954

Poor Peter wrote:This hurts my ears to listen and burns my eyes to see...who needs a hug???

Wow, I just noticed I've moved up to Aoxomoxoa in my ranking....pretty sweet.
We all need hugs! Especially the guy this thread is about!
Congrats on the rank! Sorry about the hurts and burns. I'm done. I know what ya mean and thanks for the upbeat post! Very cool!
 #113940  by zoooombiex

hippieguy1954 wrote:I'm not speculating about his feelings. They are obvious.

I am speculating about your motivation because you are angry and not accepting his anger due to his situation. You are not being genuin. You are being very self centered.

Yes, he lashed out because he doesn't know what else to do, but he did apologize. That wasn't good enough for your ego? Understand that. Don't criticize it. He probably feels terrible about it and his situation and reacted poorly. He needs understanding, not ridicule.

You still don't get it, do you? And you only addressed the things in my post that bother your ego! Nothing about the point I made or the positive things I said. No, because you don't get it and you just want to be right!

I learned many many years ago, that people who can have heated discussions, be diplomatic, and still carry on being friends are the people I personally associate with. Not egocentric people who act like little boys when they don't get their way and only criticize peoples flaws reguardless of their situation.
What you call the "big point" is only your hurt feelings...nothing to do with his situation. How self centered can you get?

Finally, I put smile smile smile after every post (reguardless of anything) and I'm sorry if your ego can't handle it. It's just smiles (wont hurt or bite you), because when all is said and done and at the end of the day, I love everyone here! We have a very special connection, and most times it's true that there is nothin left to do, but..you know the rest! You are no better or more deserving of respect that onyone else. It's not about you. It is about him. Put your ego in the closet for now, please. Get it now???????
hippieguy1954 wrote:One more post and I'm done with this.

How anyone cannot understand a person acting or speaking irrational when in a bad, life threatining situationan, is very sad.

When people care more about their own ego and feelings than they do about a person in need, is very sad.

I still love ya all, anyway. So, I'll try to :smile: :smile: :smile:
You should go back and re-read my response to him. It might give some context as to why your comments are so off base.

I responded to his very rude post with a very cordial one. How is that angry?
I offered a variety of suggestions to help him sell his guitar based on my experience selling gear. How is that not genuine?
I said I was fine if he didn't want to take my suggestions. How is that self-centered?

Everything I've written since then has been in response to *your* posts, not his. You jumped on here calling people morons, egotistical, self-centered, suck-ups etc.

I wish the guy well and hope his guitar sells. That's what I've said all along, and in the interests of sparing everyone more of this back-and-forth I'm just going to leave it at that.
 #113944  by Smolder

I've been called a 'know it all' once or twice when I was very much trying to help. This forum is great... but there is a lot missed by just reading the words. Just like some of us read all caps as 'yelling' and others don't know the code. Sometimes the most help we can provide is to be there to be 'lashed out' against.

Zoomb, thanks for trying to help the guy out. Hippeguy, I know your hearts in the right place. Hunter, all the best with the sale and your therapy. Peace out.
 #113945  by Tennessee Jedi

Smolder wrote:I've been called a 'know it all' once or twice when I was very much trying to help. This forum is great... but there is a lot missed by just reading the words. Just like some of us read all caps as 'yelling' and others don't know the code. Sometimes the most help we can provide is to be there to be 'lashed out' against.

Zoomb, thanks for trying to help the guy out. Hippeguy, I know your hearts in the right place. Hunter, all the best with the sale and your therapy. Peace out.
That sums it up well
+1
:D
 #113947  by strumminsix

hippieguy1954 wrote:
strumminsix wrote:
Hunter Harrison

The man is dying, you moron!! Ya can't expect him to be nice all the time. Some people can and some can't, when they are dying! He apologized once!

Your uncalled for and juvenile name-calling, combined with ignorance for what the term internet troll is and your surprising lack of compassion for your friends here and tons of compassion for a stranger does support the theory of a moron in this thread but it ain't me.

And closing your messages with peaces signs, smilies, etc, does not negate your negative words. And it's ironic that you have this hang-up on his apology when you were flat out wrong for calling me a moron and simply said shouldn't have - that's no apology and your slackin' apology was not to me either.

To head off your next set of accusations, don't forget my first direct message to this guys in hopes of having a better start as those are my feelings and intentions:
strumminsix wrote:Welcome to the forum and glad you are here!!! I hope your guitar sells and you overcome the fight!

Please don't take offense to the doubters of which I was one. We've all seen some odd things so just being careful.
 #113950  by hippieguy1954

I thought I was done here, but I’m not gonna be bashed by a suckup like you, strumminsix, or any other side kick in this forum.

I did apologize to you and everyone for slacking. It was not directed at one person. It was a general apology to all. That means you too, genius.

I never called anyone an internet troll. Dying Hunter did. I guess you are the moron after all, strumminsix.

I care much more about a dying stranger than any friend, and I have many very close friends that commend me for it.

My last words in this forum: Go suck an egg, strumminsix.
 #113952  by strumminsix

hippieguy1954 wrote:I thought I was done here, but I’m not gonna be bashed by a suckup like you, strumminsix, or any other side kick in this forum.

I did apologize to you and everyone for slacking. It was not directed at one person. It was a general apology to all. That means you too, genius.

I never called anyone an internet troll. Dying Hunter did. I guess you are the moron after all, strumminsix.

I care much more about a dying stranger than any friend, and I have many very close friends that commend me for it.

My last words in this forum: Go suck an egg, strumminsix.
live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly