rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

Sell and buy at your own risk...
 #108276  by Smolder
 Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:22 pm
If that were in my area I'd have probably bought it already... Hoping that it's not hot of course. That's a very quick offload price.
 #108279  by hippieguy1954
 Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:05 pm
Smolder wrote:If that were in my area I'd have probably bought it already... Hoping that it's not hot of course. That's a very quick offload price.
I've had the exact same Twin (in the same condition) with working reverb for sale (about a 2 hr drive from NYC) for 6 months. Lowered the price to $600 a month ago and still hasn't sold. The market is horrible. I also see other amps and guitars going for around $300 or so less than they used to go for just a couple of yrs ago. Strange!
:smile: :smile: :smile:
 #108293  by Smolder
 Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:51 pm
hippieguy1954 wrote:
Smolder wrote:If that were in my area I'd have probably bought it already... Hoping that it's not hot of course. That's a very quick offload price.
I've had the exact same Twin (in the same condition) with working reverb for sale (about a 2 hr drive from NYC) for 6 months. Lowered the price to $600 a month ago and still hasn't sold. The market is horrible. I also see other amps and guitars going for around $300 or so less than they used to go for just a couple of yrs ago. Strange!
:smile: :smile: :smile:

With working, original cone, JBL d120f's?
 #108298  by hippieguy1954
 Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:40 am
Smolder wrote:
hippieguy1954 wrote:
Smolder wrote:If that were in my area I'd have probably bought it already... Hoping that it's not hot of course. That's a very quick offload price.
I've had the exact same Twin (in the same condition) with working reverb for sale (about a 2 hr drive from NYC) for 6 months. Lowered the price to $600 a month ago and still hasn't sold. The market is horrible. I also see other amps and guitars going for around $300 or so less than they used to go for just a couple of yrs ago. Strange!
:smile: :smile: :smile:

With working, original cone, JBL d120f's?
No, not JBL's but with the original Fender Speakers and everything else is original and works great! I bought this amp 3 yrs ago from a pedal steel player out of Memphis Tenn., for $1000. :smile: :smile: :smile:
 #108307  by gr8fullfred
 Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:46 am
We are drooling because the amps in this discussion have either JBL speakers in them or JBL speakers that were OEM'd to Fender (still JBLs with a Fender label).
A pair of good condition JBLs D120, K120s or E120s are worth, in my estimation,
$300 to $400 for just the speakers.

That is why I feel that even a twin that is a bit beat up, could still be a pretty good deal at $600, with the JBLs.

The problem is that a twin with the JBLs will be annoyingly heavy to transport.
Worth it, but heavy. And without being super picky, its pretty much Jerry in a box.
 #108330  by Smolder
 Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:20 pm
Twins are fantastic amps. Guys are dumping them because they are too loud, too clean and too heavy. But... If you reconfigure the MV to a post phase inverter, pull two of the power tubes, rebias and use only one 8 ohm JBL, they are friggin great amps and become very usable for playing in bars and small clubs. I've even thought of putting a pair of kt66 or kt88 tubes in to get closer to that Mac amp tone but haven't yet tried it.