Sell and buy at your own risk...
 #106273  by playingdead

Hey gang ... I have a variety of effects for sale ... Boss DD-6, Boss DD-7 delays, Boss CS-2 compressor, Boss GE-6 EQ, MXR Phase 100, Keeley 4-knob compressor.
Prices and details: http://leftyguitarsonly.com/?cat=35

I have a spare AxeFX Ultra that I bought as a backup for my stage rig, it's basically new in the box, never gigged. Updated to 11.0 firmware and I'll include the custom Garcia patch (with all effects) I use with Playing Dead, as well as the custom IR files for the JBL E-120 and K-110 speakers. $1850.
Details: http://leftyguitarsonly.com/?p=1380

Here's the latest Ultra tone direct to the board:

I also have a custom Hard Truckers 2X10 cabinet in great condition, with or without JBL K-110s. $700 empty, $1050 loaded.
Details: http://leftyguitarsonly.com/?cat=51

I also have a big box of Planet Waves make-your-own right-angle cable ends (32 of them total, I think) attached to various lengths of Planet Waves cable. Basically, it's three sets of their pedal board kit, which has an MSRP of $119 each and they sell new around $60 each. $75 for all. I think Guitar Center still sells the raw cable by the foot if you need longer lengths or you can trim what I used to size, would be great to custom wire a pedalboard.

Can take VISA/MC or Paypal. Shipping via USPS or FedEx Ground at actual cost.
Last edited by playingdead on Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #106284  by playingdead

I have the AxeFX II but have not had anytime to even take it out of the box yet ... so I'm still using my original Ultra with the band. I've started carrying a Crate Power Block with a couple stomp boxes as a backup now, but the Ultra has never so much as hiccuped at a gig. Eventually, I'll get the II dialed in and sell the original Ultra, too.
 #106663  by playingdead

Sure ... I have a Presonus StudioLive 16-channel Firewire board that we use at all our shows. We just plug the house monitors and mains into it. It captures 16 channels to a Mac Pro laptop and then I go back and mix it later.

The Mississippi Half Step linked above is actually a matrix of mics in the back of the room and the board recording. We have a soundman who does FOH at all our shows, and he really gets it dialed in beautifully.

This brief excerpt is what it sounds like over mics in the audience, no EQ: http://playingdead.net/babyblue11.wav

My guitar goes direct to FOH through the AxeFX and I don't add any EQ or anything else to the lead guitar signal on the remix, so what you're hearing is exactly what went out over the sound system. In fact, I've discovered on the remixing that less is definitely more, so aside from a little reverb on the vocals and a little high pass here and there on the drums, I just let it rip. I typically will remix it in Logic.
 #106685  by playingdead

Our guy uses a Sony HVR Z1U ... pro level HD camera. I sync up the remixed board - audience remix and then edit into clips. He will probably upgrade to a hard drive camera in the near future, we're still running MiniDV tapes and capturing via FireWire.

Eventually when I work everything up on the AxeFX II I will put my stage Ultra up for sale. I just sold my backup Ultra -- which I never needed to use, it was pretty much new in the box -- to a board member here, complete with the Jerry preset, I'm sure he'll post his thoughts about it when he takes it for a workout. But it does so much more than Jerry, of course.
 #106782  by vwjodyme

playingdead wrote:. But it does so much more than Jerry, of course.
Yeah, I watch all of these guitar world behind the seens stuff when they put them up on youtube, and was surprised to see megadeth had them in their racks
 #106799  by playingdead

A lot of big names are finally discovering the AxeFX ... Fractal Audio just spent two weeks in the studio with The Edge dialing in some U2 presets and A/B'ing them with his stage rack system. I'll be looking forward to checking those out if/when they get released. He does some really interesting textures with delays and other effects.