rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

Sell and buy at your own risk...
 #105959  by mgbills
 Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:19 pm
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200 ... =824&kw=lg

For your consumptive pleasure...

I built one for myself...reengineered it...built one for my son...reworked some more. I thought I'd build a third, and offer it to those who either aren't interested in building...or who's time is too valuable to mess around in a shop. Nothing about the functionality or wiring was changed. My first attempt was a birds nest of wires. Learned a lot from talking with Waldo.

As the Ebay listing says...this guitar was designed to incorporate most properties & parameters of Tiger. We'd all love a Moriarty...but maybe something like this is a little more practical for the semi-professional in all of us. Use it in all those Roadhouses to bring Jerry to the masses.

10% Discount from Ebay "Buy it Now" price for folks from this forum. I would also take reasonable offers. I could not have even begun this endeavor without the research, input, questions, and debates of this forum. Therefore...a reasonable price break.

If you have a Strat that you'd like modded, please feel free to PM me. We'll work out the details.

Peace
M
 #105967  by waldo041
 Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:33 am
that guitars looks and i can only imagine sounds awesome!

i really dig the pickguard, i wonder if they can squeeze the pickup spacings to be more like jerry's triple pickup ring spacing. then that would be the perfect jerry pickguard!

peace,
waldo
 #105971  by mgbills
 Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:12 am
Good Morning Mike,

I missed that detail. I have Terrapin making the pickguards. If you can send me the spacing, I'll have it adjusted for future builds. When I get a final, I'll post the part number so built-it-yourself folks can just order them up.

I love this process! There are always more details. That tip you gave me on the control cover pickguard cleaned everthing up tremendously.

Thanks Brother!

You are the Man!
 #105976  by tigerstrat
 Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:59 am
The neck pickup is a little farther away from the bridge than it would be on a 24 fret guitar. Not a dealbreaker at all though, looks very sweet, and agreed about the cut pickguard! Such a pain to have to remove the whole thing for wiring work...
 #105979  by mgbills
 Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:46 pm
The other thing I liked is the battery box. Mike's buffer really doesn't eat batteries, but if one died during a gig...I sure wouldn't want to pull a pickguard.

The next model I'd really like to put the Buffer in it's own well. I never use a Trem arm, but I imagine there are many players who do. The number of true hard-tails in the market would seem to show that nearly everyone wants the Trem arm.

Now...if AB J-Type pots would just resurface in bulk... 8)
 #105988  by mgbills
 Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:05 pm
Hey Pete,

My Mc2100 is being reworked by an awesome chap in Vancouver, WA. He should be done this week I believe. I have had some nibbles both from the board & from EvilBay. If it's still available, I'll certainly bring it down. I wanted to hook up & chat before the Furthur shows anyway. Would love to hook up & jam, and or take some lessons from you.

Thanks for the inquiry.
M
 #106444  by Pete B.
 Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:15 am
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dl ... 0612169483+

Hey Gang, I bought this guitar from Marty yesterday!
'Been having fun with it!
Marty was coming by my area on unrelated biz, but was able to bring the guitar along, so I got to check it out for a while with my own rig at my house.
We had a good visit.
It sounds like Marty is going into the guitar modding biz.
I look forward to working with him on other guits I own!

Oh Yeah...
If you are hearing a Chirp, or any Static when you touch the Adamas graphite pick to the strings, it's because the guitar is not shielded or grounded correctly.
On this new Axe I got yesterday there is no pick noise at all.
Nice!
:cool: