rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

Musical Theory Abound!!!
 #20999  by dre
 Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:26 am
Heyas, I've been playin guitar for a long time didn't do much singing till kinda recently. Basically learned how to play guitar by listening to the dead a lot and playing along lol.. anyways I've got a few songs uploaded but here's my brokedown cover. hope u all enjoy or at least can tolerate :twisted: .

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-DVz3ujPc1Q

#21014  by shakedown_04092
 Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:32 pm
Well, for your next video, I'd suggest showing us your guitar instead of your mug. No offense, but kind of pointless to just watch you the whole time without seeing your guitar & what you're playing, you know?

Also, the vocals were a little loud, almost clipping out at times, but other than that, I thought you did a very good job and I liked the echo effect you had on, a nice Jerry-esque touch.

#21024  by dre
 Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:44 pm
wasn't really the foremost thought when I made it.. but I'll see about angleing the camera down a bit more next time so people can see the lead and stuff. thanks for the compliment
I think I kinda fucked up posting this in the musical theory section.. so I'll just add that it's a pretty basic lead on the 12th fret using the 2nd string and sliding up to it to start.

#21042  by st. stephen
 Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:19 am
What kind of guitar is that, a gibson/epiphone sg?
sounded quite nice....

I really liked it.....
thanks

#21049  by dre
 Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:19 am
Gibson SG got it back in 1991

thanks for the comments