Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

 #5291  by mikeohiostate
 Thu May 04, 2006 8:32 am
Hey all,
Just a quick (dumb) question.

What is the name of the pedal effect that lets you loop your own rhythm so you can solo over it?

Its kinda like, you play a progression, hit the pedal, and the effect keeps playing the progression you just played.

Anyone have suggestions for a good, easy one?


 #5304  by caspersvapors
 Thu May 04, 2006 1:47 pm
bump cause I want to know what these are called too

 #5305  by BayAreaBB
 Thu May 04, 2006 1:57 pm
digitech jamman looper. boss has one out as well but i think the digitech has had better reviews. it works off a compact flash memory card which can be upgraded and i believe with a usb cable, info can be transferred to the cpu. top cost is $299 but you can find them cheaper on ebay.

 #5308  by eyeprod
 Thu May 04, 2006 3:31 pm
loop pedal is a good enough name for it. i think the boss pedal is called loopstation